THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Negotiates with local and remote computer users to establish detailed computer production schedules consistent with required service levels.
2. Provides appropriate data file retention, back up, and recovery including operation of the tape file management system.
3. Acts as the primary interface between users and IT operations to establish production processing schedules.
4. Assigns sections of the production schedule to staff members and ensures the generation of appropriate input, processing, and report output schedules.
5. Administers the preparation of charge-out reports and maintains the system to cover all computer work and users.
6. Controls the library of magnetic tape reels, including records of standard file retention,vault storage. back up, recovery and off-site disaster recovery storage.
7. Participates in the planning and executing of contracted services with outside vendors; i.e., data entry services, microfiche, data file transmissions, etc.
8. Determines timing and scheduling for critical system outages and escalation to ensure problem resolution and recovery, including notification of customers and management as needed.
9. Evaluates system hardware and software needs, writes purchase justifications and presents to management for consideration.
10. Writes and implements programs and routines in various scripting languages to improve and automate operational tasks. Configures and manages shared file systems.
11. Develops, tests, and implements business continuity planning in Information Technology and other Shared Service departments.
The Ideal candidate will have the following skills/knowledge/abilities:
Able to assess IT service management automation requirements from a processed ITIL perspective and provide recommendations
Able to manage and configure service management tools effectively
Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals
Able to document requirements, workflows and deliverable specifications
Experience with Service-Now.com or with another service management tool
Experience with Java scripting
Experience with Altiris Client Management Suite or similar software
Experience with process engineering
Requires Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, Business or related field and two years of related technical experience; or high school education or equivalent and four years related technical experience.
Communication Skills: Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or modifications on technical or other complex concepts.
Numeric Skills: Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods.
Computer Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications for creating documents, reports and/or graphics.
Work Conditions: Works in an indoor environment. Requires frequently performing activities, including, but not limited to, stooping, bending, crawling, kneeling, grasping, reaching, climbing and lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Atmos Energy, the largest gas-only utility company in the US, is interested in more than atmospherics; it is focused on delivery. Through...