1A Auto is an online aftermarket auto parts retailer headquartered northwest of Boston. We are a leader in our market and are positioned for further growth. We offer a great "can-do" culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to apply your skills in a rewarding situation.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the IT Operations Manager is responsible for supporting all internal (including high volume transaction) systems, externally facing systems supporting our ecommerce websites and providing IT support to our headquarters and remote distribution facilities.
o Assess all critical systems to ensure they can effectively scale
- Set the strategic direction for IT operations to support the company's growth.
- Lead and develop a talented team of Linux, Windows, and Network administrators.
- Work with all major functions including Software Development, Finance, Distribution and Customer Service (call center environment) to ensure proper support for operations.
- This role has a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves component
- Support a customer-service, customer-first mentality within the IT team.
- Provide IT support to corporate end-users (at all locations) while effectively maintaining day-to-day IT operations.
- Manage all production network services 24x7x365 through an on-call rotation
- Develop and manage to measurable IT project milestones
- Oversee PCI testing and maintain compliance for all network services
- Manage all systems to agreed upon service levels. This includes: ecommerce websites and internal production systems
- Manage all technology vendor relationships including telecom service providers
- IT budget authority
- Minimum 8 years' hands on experience in various network engineering roles including Team Lead/Architect and/or similar Senior Networking Engineer roles.
- At least 3 years in IT management roles
- LAMP administration experience
- Configuration management and automation experience required
- Solid IT project management experience
- Deep understanding and troubleshooting skills with a wide range of networking hardware and software
- Managing IaaS or hybrid private/public cloud experience is highly desired
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on server and network administration, storage, backup, LAN topology, network protocols, and troubleshooting techniques are required.
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server 2008 is desired
- Knowledge of VOIP telephony a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to build trust with people quickly.
- Ability to anticipate end-user requirements and be able to identify and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization a must. Experience with Citrix XenServer a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in regulatory or PCI environment strongly preferred.
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills
- High transactional volume production systems management experience desirable
If you have experience working in an ecommerce environment, as well as the desire to grow with a dynamic company, strive to make a major difference, and thrive on working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, then this opportunity with 1A Auto is for you. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, with a positive attitude who meets our requirements.
- 4-year B.S. degree, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred
- Industry certifications such as CCNP
1A Auto - 14 months ago
- 6 days ago
Heartland Automotive Services, Inc.
Heartland Automotive Services, Inc.
- 30+ days ago
- 9 days ago