The Tallgrass Energy Partners Information Technology (IT) group is looking for an IT Operations Specialist to provide support for our Lakewood office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include the support of all production and development servers, troubleshooting and resolution of server/network storage and virtualization issues.
- In addition, this position will be involved in the design and architecture of new services as they are required by the applications group and internal and external customers.
- Ensure high availability and performance of servers/virtual environments/storage systems.
- Implement and test server backup strategy.
- Perform server software upgrades, install service packs and patches.
- Implement and maintain server/storage/network management and monitoring tools.
- Define and track server capacity and growth requirements for network and storage systems.
- Implement and maintain active directory user security and group policy.
- Develop and follow all server/network/storage change control procedures.
- Other duties include working with the application team and software vendors to address related issues and application upgrade activities.
- Share after hours support with others in the group and / or the Network Operations Center (NOC) including escalations.
- Regularly work under deadlines.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in IT or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years direct work experience in IT or a related discipline may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Minimum of three (3) years overall IT experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years server administration with Windows servers including active directory/group policy.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with virtualization managing multiple servers on virtual platforms.
- Converged data center experience with Storage Area Networks / Network operations a plus.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Analytical thinker able to utilize functional understanding of the various components of systems in conjunction with technical knowledge to identify effective and efficient problem resolutions.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills; must communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel.
- Ability to work well both individually with minimal supervision and in a team environment where the sharing of knowledge is highly regarded and expected.
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to: Visio, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate systems requirements verbally and in writing.
- Experience in effectively communicating business and technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working on multiple assignments during the same time frame juggling tasks based on relative priorities with supervision commensurate with grade level.
- Use time effectively and efficiently.
- Working knowledge of network and application troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge with network administration and testing tools including Telnet, Ping, Tracerroute and NSLookup.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention to details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled as Operations Specialist or Senior Operations Specialist at Management’s discretion.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
- Required to carry an activated cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
- Occasional travel is required across a broad geographic area.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position):
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience with 3PAR, Cisco, HP, DELL, Microsoft, Solarwinds, VMWare preferred.
- Previous experience with Cisco, Juniper, Watchguard a plus.