Job Title: Supervisor – IT Operations Service Support
Reports To: Manager – IT Operations
Department: IT Operations
Division: Information Technology
Salary: $64,188.80 - $81,848.00
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Openings: 1
Accepting Applications: 2/5/13 - 2/21/13
SUMMARY: This position supervises the daily activities, including but not limited to planning, scheduling, input/output and job set-up and control activities of the Operations Service/Support Team. This position is a second shift position.
1. Balances operations resources and optimizes workflow.
2. Resolves conflicts in schedules or resource requirements with minimum impact on commitments to users.
3. Makes decisions regarding short-term expediting of jobs in various stages of data processing production.
4. Adjusts sequence of work within constraints of overall schedule to optimize productivity.
5. Researches problems resulting in the production process and initiates corrective action where appropriate.
6. Evaluates production status frequently to determine actual and potential slippage in schedules.
7. Reviews new or revised systems for compliance with operating and documentation standards.
8. Reviews new or modified applications submitted for production for completeness and adherence to procedural and documentation standards.
9. Monitors computer processing to ensure optimum loading.
10. Adjusts job steam backlog to handle problem runs, special runs, system failure, or other causes.
11. Reviews system message logs to identify jobs that are incomplete or incorrect and take corrective action as required.
12. Other duties may be assigned.
Organizational and Human Resources
1. Performs all supervisory functions in accordance with OPERS’ practices and policies.
2. Develops and manages staff to facilitate career growth and professional development, while following OPERS management philosophy and guidelines.
3. Recruits and retains a qualified competent professional staff.
4. Provides regular periodic evaluations and constructive guidance of staff members.
5. Emphasizes and promotes professional and ethical conduct.
6. Carries out any necessary disciplinary actions in conjunction with Human Resources
7. Annually and in conjunction with the Manager, develops objectives as derived from the strategic business plan.
8. Participates in the annual budget process and performs monthly monitoring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Bachelors in related field - Required
- At least a minimum of 6 years direct relevant experience may be substituted for education at hiring manager's discretion
- Proficiency in MS Office programs required
- Strong Team Building Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Clear, concise written and oral communication skills.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Time Management Skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in operations - Required
- A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience - 1 Required
- Training in supervisory techniques, work planning, production control methods and hardware and operating systems - Required
- MVS/OS, JCL,FTP - Required
- ASG View Direct - Preferred
- Enterprise Scheduling Software - Required
- Syncsort - Preferred
- Networks & databases Structure - Required
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
- Occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
OPERS - 2 years ago