Junior Mid-Level Senior
Required Skills (in order of priority):
· Application Server configuration and deployment
· Unix system administration
· Use of scripting languages (e.g., Unix Shell)
· Knowledge of Git and Jenkins or similar SCM and deployment tools
· Experience with a modern RDMS such as Oracle or SQL Server
· JBoss experience is preferred (over WebLogic)
Required Soft Skills:
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion
· Works well in a fast-paced environment and enjoys troubleshooting system or application issues.
· Comfortable discussing issues with senior development staff as well as lead business users.
Required Specific Application Experience:
· Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Exposure to EMC Documentum or similar Content Management System
· Experience installing, configuring, and administering EMC Documentum is a big plus
· Familiarity with Java programming (know the process and tools)
· Unix and/or Windows administration
· Load and/or performance testing
· Exposure to ITIL processes
· Knowledge of Nagios or Splunk monitoring, Maven builds, Hudson deployments
· Familiarity with Sharepoint
Description of Services:
· Provide 1 st -shift, non-production, operation and application support for internal Editorial applications constructed on a SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) platform that includes Documentum as a central workflow and content-management system. Application support does not include “3 rd -tier” support; if the root cause of an issue appears to be within the application code, it is referred to development staff for resolution.
· May also be asked to provide load, performance, and capacity testing services for new software developed in SOA architectures.
· May develop operational tools and capabilities for supported systems.
· Additional services as requested by OUR CLIENT and agreed to by Contractor.
Tasks to be Assigned:
Two positions are available, and they each will be expected to work with other operations, testing, and development personnel to gain an understanding of the applications and the SOA platform including Documentum. Initial assignment will be, with the direction and assistance of existing staff, to take over support of the multiple development and test environments. Typical tasks will include trouble-shooting application-server domains, restarting system components, validating deployments, monitoring performance, performing scripted sanity-tests of an environment, interfacing with infrastructure teams such as DBAs to resolve issues, and possibly deployment of built artifacts.
Other tasks to be assigned may include writing scripts or creating tools to assist operational activities, making enhancements to our Configuration Management Database, authoring or updating deployment and other operations documentation, or conducting load, performance, or capacity tests of existing applications.
Depending on experience and aptitude in our environments, assisting staff with production support duties may be an added task. Further, the potential for modified work hours, to be defined by OUR CLIENT, exists if agreeable with the contractor and beneficial to OUR CLIENT.