IT Ops Project Specialist-13002489
Serve Enterprise is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express. Serve Enterprise provides cutting edge technological services in alternative payments in an innovative payment processing platform, payment card network, and new consumer payment solutions to the Enterprise Growth division of American Express. Serve is growing extremely fast and maintains a start-up agile atmosphere.
This position offers the unique opportunity to work for a cutting edge start-up while leveraging the resources and foundation of a prestigious, globally recognized 160-year old brand
As the IT Operations Project Specialist at Serve Virtual Enterprises (American Express), you will perform Project Management duties such as creating and maintaining project management plans and schedules and managing cross-functional project teams to deliver small to mid-sized projects.
- Candidates should be a strong Project Manager with background and experience in leading various IT projects
- Preferred background includes: IT infrastructure projects: Network, Windows/LINUX, Storage, VMWare, and Data Center builds.
- Must be able to work with limited direction and drive results.
- Must understand SDLC - Software Development Life Cycle.
- Must have strong negotiating skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Must have strong communication skills (can jump in and ask questions/drive conversations).
- Conducting Requirements Gathering Sessions - Required
- Risk Management - Required
- Change Management - Required
- Issues Management – Required
- Client Management - Required
- Project Plan Management - Required
- Must be a self-starter
- Able to maintain professional relationship with diverse groups
- 3 + years of successful PM experience in an IT environment
- PMP Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s in Project Management or Technical field preferred
- Business System Analyst experience preferred
- Experience with non-functional requirements elicitation
- Develop and maintain a consolidated project work plan, resource planning (including professional services, hardware and software)
- Experience in financial or insurance industries a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to travel Domestic and International as the job requires.
Position reports to the IT OPS Infrastructure Projects Team Lead
Primary Location: US-Florida-St. Petersburg
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...