Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Position will be responsible for Implementation and enhancements of Oracle BI applications. This role has responsibility to design Star Schema for Custom subject areas, implement the custom BI Apps modules using Informatica 8.6. The developer will work with BSAs and other developers to ensure successful development of reports using BI Answers, OBIEE Analytics that meet our customer's needs.
• BI Apps Implementations, Customization and Support.
• Translate user requirements into technical solutions.
• Design and develop meta data model to meet user analytic requirements.
• Design of data warehouse tables, including source to Client mappings.
• Oversight and/or coordination of system testing phase. Problem and issue resolution.
• Sound understanding and experience with data modelling, including multi-dimensional modelling, ETL and metadata development.
• Analysis, Design and Development in Informatica 8.6.1, DAC 10.1.3.4.1 and OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1.
• Design complex reports (pivot tables, drill-downs, report navigation, complex formulas etc.)
• Troubleshooting and debugging of defects and production issues in the areas of Informatica, DAC and OBIEE.
• Support Quality Assurance testing.
• Other duties as required to support and meet the needs of Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
• Experienced in implementing and supporting an Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) / Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics (OBIA) Data Warehouse for Procurement and Spend, Supply chain and Order Management and Finance (AP/AR/GL), Project Analytics in the role of business analyst / developer. Customer facing position.
• Have an understanding of the entire OBIEE application stack.
• Possess a detailed understanding of the DAC 10.3.4.1 and Informatica Powercenter 8.6.1.
• Be able to support for the Technical DAC and Informatica Powercenter primary resource.
• Key skill requirement is implementing the OBIEE 'out of the box' reports and extending those reports in accordance to business needs.
• Key skill requirement is custom enterprise reports and dashboards.
• Key skill to be able to develop and maintain the OBIEE repository.
• Key skill in determining, developing and documenting validation plans. This requirement is for data as well as reports.
• Key skill in OBIEE reporting user training for their Answers and 'My Dashboard'.
• Key skill to be able to drive obtaining OBIEE security requirements as well as guide the users with recommendations. Turn requirements to technical specifications and facilitate development and implementation.
• Possess the ability to work with the business users and develop domain value mappings and/or modifications.
• Possess strong skills in working with business areas to document reporting requirements and recommend reporting solutions.
• Possess an overall ability to communicate and document clearly requirements, process flows and development specifications. Able to work within a structured project design and development methodology.
• Experienced in Oracle database data access / SQL.
• Key skill on UNIX based operating system to administer Informatica, DAC and OBIEE.
• Knowledge of Oracle EBS modules.
• Able to work with Oracle support in troubleshooting issues with OBIEE data and functionality.
• 1-4 years of direct work experience.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or related field. Experience may be substituted for degree.
Panasonic - 19 months ago