Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations
· Designs and develops technical solutions to business requirements and develops components including extensions, views, customizations, modifications, reports, workflow, etc. around Oracle Applications.
· Has a wide range of experience and should be able to use his experience to resolve complex issues in creative and effective mechanisms.
· Develops appropriate documentation for architectural, design, technical, implementation and test activities
· Successfully work independently and simultaneously manage multiple assignments. Work in an efficient manner resulting in low defect, high quality software that fulfills the specified business requirements. Confer with management and personnel of other departments to implement projects.
· Provides an ongoing maintenance and support for applications within the area of responsibility and provides production support.
· Remains current with emerging Oracle technologies. Presents subjects/issues clearly to technical and non-technical audiences. Provides regular communication to management on programming assignment issues and status.
· Takes leadership role in larger complex projects, coordinating with team members to see desired result orientation. Mentors other developers and enforces a disciplined development process by performing and soliciting code reviews on a regular basis.
· Communicates and reports issues, status, and results to management with recommended solution.
· Adheres to standards ,controls and conducts quality assurance over programs before migration to production
· Delivers assignments according to a schedule.
· Analyzes applications and makes necessary changes to optimize performance.
Other duties as required to support and meet the needs of Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
· Expertise in AOL, SQL, PL/SQL, Report 6i, Form 6i, Discoverer, TOAD, EDI and UNIX scripting.
· Designs, modifies, develops, writes, analyzes and implements software programming applications including Oracle Applications 11i/R12
· Designs Application Extensions and Workflow using Oracle or Service Oriented Architecture(BPEL Process Manager) to meet business process requirements of the solution for Oracle
· Understands AIM Methodologies for developing Technical documents for Functional and business requirements and provides guidance and directions in Oracle Development standards, policies and best practices.
· In-depth knowledge of Oracle 8i/9i/10g database.
· Enhances, tunes, fixes customized code, API within heavily customized modules such as OM, Finance, Manufacturing, Service, and Sales Off/On-Line
· Experience with Performance / Load / Stress tolerant design.
· Experience with software development using full life-cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation).
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and written skills.
· Ability to interact with technical work groups and business partners in a positive and productive manner to accomplish project goals.
· Keen interest in creating cost-effective yet durable and elegant design solutions in a timely fashion and ability to continuously enhance efficiency of a development process.
· Works on multiple projects having complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
· Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
· Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other technical positions.
· Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Familiarity with R12, custom compliance, and bar-coding.
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or related field.
· 5+ years of direct work experience in information technology or support of Oracle (ERP) 11i/R12.
· 5+ years experience in AOL, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow, Forms & Discoverer.
· Familiarity with JAVA, JSP/Servlet experience (non-academic).
Good understanding of Unix and experience developing shell scripts.