Alsbridge is an award-winning management consulting firm ranked #19 in the 2012 Dallas 100 fastest growing companies in the DFW metroplex. Alsbridge sells sourcing advisory and benchmarking services to CXOs and VPs of IT, Finance and Sourcing at Global 2000 companies.
We are currently looking for a Software and Hardware Procurement Consultant interested in working with many different clients and leading and negotiating software, hardware and hardware maintenance contracts/projects for our Clients. If you are looking for an opportunity that will test your negotiation skills, give you insight into many different companies’ procurement challenges and provide a competitive salary, Alsbridge may be the right place for you. This is a remote position so you do not have to be in the Dallas metroplex nor will you work out of an office environment; you will only need to travel on an as needed basis or as requested by the Client.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement strategic procurement strategies for Client’s looking to reduce their current software, hardware and maintenance cost structure
- Analyze Client spend reports and identify procurement cost reduction opportunities for Clients
- Ability to identify procurement opportunity with our Client’s who have material spend with IBM, Oracle, CA, BMC, Microsoft, HP, luzCommvault, Symantec, SAP and other major software publishers
- Lead software, hardware and maintenance negotiations
- Negotiate best in class terms and conditions, price and service levels for our Clients
- Serve as a delivery expert on sales calls for software, hardware and maintenance procurement services to navigate client environments for project opportunity or lead focused IT procurement projects
- Work with Clients to create thorough business & technical requirements for procurement projects
- Conduct research and analyze the relevant IT marketplaces (i.e. software, hardware and service providers) to identify best suppliers for cost reduction opportunity for Alsbridge Clients
- Create RFP’s or facilitate the creation and evaluation of RFP's required during the supplier selection process for Client
- Manage relationship with Clients and identify additional procurement projects within Client environment
- Minimum of 10+ years of software, hardware or hardware maintenance procurement related experience focused on materially reducing costs within organizations
- Ability to make an instant impact on rapid paced Client organizations
- Ability to lead a procurement project with Client immediately
- Bachelors Degree in business, purchasing, supply chain management or engineering required; MBA or similar business degree a plus
- Proven negotiation skills with tangible results within software, hardware and maintenance
- Ability to be the lead negotiator for Client engagements and effectively communicate with business personnel and vendors at all levels including Officers
- Ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and communicate with the Client
- Experience in presenting and selling ideas at multiple levels
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined objectives and has the ability to select methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining winning results
- Possesses a strong knowledge of software/hardware procurement methodology and tools required to lead Client sourcing initiatives.
- Ability to provide procurement consultation services to clients in the areas of software, hardware and maintenance.
- Ability to understand Client’s current situation and environment by gathering needed information in the assessment to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Strong experience and strong track record in project managing small to mid-size strategy level consulting engagements.
- Facilitates effective interaction between Clients, suppliers, and Alsbridge colleagues.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving aptitude, skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good client presentation skills.
- Sales experience a plus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Agreeable to 30% travel
Alsbridge, Inc. - 23 months ago