Our Purchasing Department is about “encouraging innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity and personal accountability, and who value teamwork, work product excellence, and proactive thinking. If you share these values and want to be part of something big, keep reading this job description!
The IT Procurement Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. The IT Procurement Specialist is responsible for coordinating and managing the procurement process for multiple components of the Information Technology spend specifically focused on technology products and services.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Supports areas of purchasing for IT (hardware, software, services, telecom, etc.)
- Coordinates all projects between procurement and ITS.
- Responsible for cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop efficient processes that result in a faster time-to-savings.
- Ensure timely involvement of procurement to improve leverage and discount levels.
- Provides strategic direction for and prioritization for new initiatives.
- Provides direct support for teams/projects where closer involvement is needed.
- Facilitate daily contact with teams.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives.
- Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed.
- Assist in company-wide compliance initiatives.
- This position may also be responsible for leading and managing procurement initiatives for the categories listed above.
- Depending on needs, this role may be responsible for defining spend, establishing management processes and category ownership, evaluating competing suppliers and supply markets, developing the procurement strategy, assuming the lead role in contract negotiations, understanding and managing client service sensitivities, and assuming a lead role in developing and managing supplier relationship management plans that include performance tracking and reporting for the above mentioned categories.
- In addition, ensure that selected supplier relationships can be integrated effectively into ongoing technology operations.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Must be a team player, have strong analytical skills, and be able to work under tight time constraints.
- Must be able to work independently, with an ability to interact and build consensus among people.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
particularly within the areas of information technology highlighted above is preferred.
- 5+ Years of relevant work experience, preferably related to engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in large industry contract negotiation/development,
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in.
Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties must apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 19 months ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...