IT Program Manager (Job Number: 014728) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for managing highly complex or enterprise-wide IT Programs consisting of multiple projects. Develops program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise wide high-level project plans. Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Manages multi-million dollar IT Programs that consist of multiple, high-profile and complex projects that span multiple fiscal years, several business units and carry significant enterprise-wide impact.
- Ensures integration of large/complex projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as necessary, based upon the needs of the business.
- Communicates with IT leadership and senior business leadership to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Maintains the efficiency of the project management process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment. Identifies and mitigates potential risks.
- Manages teams of multiple project managers, project leaders and/or support staff as direct or dotted line reports. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT Project Management office. Creates a structure/environment in which team members can work together as an efficient team.
- Monitors, measures and reports on project status to IT leadership and senior business leadership. Accountable to Steering Committee and Operating Committee for enterprise/strategic goals, including but not limited to, efficiency and functionality of all IT Project completions, timeline adherence, budget and resource management.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in the IT business or industry.
- PMP Certification as granted by the Project Management Institute or attainment thereof within a year of assuming the position.
- At least 5 years of IT Project Management experience.
- At least 7 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
- At least 7 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
- Experience in managing a project budget of more than $5 million to plan.
- Knowledge of project management best practices, including knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience identifying and mediating risk.
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CS.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Project (for example: reorganizing large or complex projects into master and sub-projects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and/or budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
Walgreens - 4 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...