Designs, develops, maintains, and supports software applications.
This position reports directly to an IT Software Development Supervisor.
1. Be involved in all levels of software development, including requirements definition, specification, design, implementation, testing and integration, documentation, maintenance, and 3 rd level customer support.
2. Adhere to ARUP’s established software life cycle standards.
3. Participate in source code reviews.
4. Perform technical writing duties related to the design and documentation of software applications
5. Perform quality assurance duties related to software products, including unit testing and system functionality testing.
6. Provide programming leadership and training to IT Software Programmers.
7. Participate in continuing education activities in order to improve development skills and stay informed about new ideas and advances in technology that may impact software development efforts at ARUP.
8. Maintain expertise in ARUP’s evolving software development tools and environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related major plus four years of on-the-job software development experience, or high school diploma (or equivalent) plus six years of on-the-job software development experience
- IT Division: One year of on-the-job experience using the following software development languages:
- IT Division: Classroom or on-the-job experience using software development languages and tools related to development environments utilized at ARUP, including but not limited to
o Web Services
o N-Tiered Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture
o Design Patterns, Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, Separation of Concerns
o Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming
Physical and other requirements
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work long hours and take call as needed
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Fine motor coordination
- Good visual acuity including color perception
- Involves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
- Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and to work under stressful condition
- Continual assessment of current literature
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...