Technology is at the forefront of delivering the magic and enabling the unparalleled vacation experience that makes Walt Disney Parks & Resorts the most visited tourist destinations. The Global Business Technology Strategy (GBTS) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of Cast costumes.
GBTS seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
The IT Project Controller will support the Project Manager, Program Manager or the Project Management Office with financial tracking of projects within the Composite Sales and Fulfillment area for Walt Disney Park & Resorts. They will work with IT Project Managers to create Work Breakdown Structures for proposed projects, track the budget for the program/project at the application team level as well the overall program level and at the individual SOW level. They will work with the application team managers and program project managers to update monthly the cash flows, and the budget on status reports and develop resources plans for the program team for tracking of invoices and work with finance to ensure payment. They will participate in identifying the resources required for projects gather all estimates from teams and review them with the manager and communicate resource needs in support of the project. They will assist with consolidating cost allocation and estimates into baseline project schedules and will assist the project manager with cost/benefit and resource analysis, as well planning and tracking all financial spend within the projects to ensure that they are within their approved budget. They will be responsible for handling all efforts associated with the budget which could range from updating forecasts in the EFC database, opening SOWs in SAP, assisting the manager with updating the Pro Forma and CAR "Capital Acquisition Request" documents at the inception of the project or being proactive and working with the teams to make sure everyone is tracking properly with their forecasts and resource plans.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of the WDP&R Common Methods process or SDLC
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, SAP and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated budgeting skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong negotiation and consensus building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated scheduling management skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.