The Information Technology Project Lead will be responsible for coordinating and leading small to medium size projects, or leading a key project in a large scale program. Additional responsibilities include leadership in requirements definition, functional design, and test phase facilitation. The Project Lead will be a member of the Retail System Capability that includes projects that provide functionality in Order Management and Customer Service business areas. This role includes engagement and collaboration with the business and IT teams to define, manage, and deploy solutions that meet the business needs.
- Creates and manage project work plans, milestones, and schedules and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Actively engage with Business areas to gain project alignment with business goals / objectives and assist in business requirement definition
- Identify project resource needs and assign roles / responsibilities as needed
- Manage project financials – including tracking of expenses and reporting
- Monitor deliverables from development teams ensuring that requirements are understood and functional designs meet the business need
- Identify, assess, manage and minimize project risks/ issues
- Responsible for project change control. Make sure revisions to the project are agreed upon and impact understood by stakeholders
- Facilitate the testing phase, ensuring key critical areas are tested and defects are properly managed and resolved.
- Monitor and report status from each deliverable group to all relevant parties.
- Participate in project estimations when requested.
- Maintain project library including all key project documentation, complying with Bluestembrands SDLC
- Develop partnerships with business stakeholders and become a key point of contact for business and project teams
- Experience leading software development projects, including project planning, risk management, project reporting and utilization of project management tools.
- Experience managing and tracking project budgets and forecast
- Proven project analytical skills in defining solutions and resolving issues
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with various level of technical and management staff
- Solid knowledge of project management best practice - exposure to multiple methodologies is preferred.
- Technical background / knowledge in the retail systems domain a plus - Order Management, Warehouse Management, Merchandising, Customer Service
- Experience in IT projects involving integration of packaged and internal applications is a plus
- PMI Certification a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative approach in defining and managing application solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration, or related fields
- Minimum 4 to 8 years professional experience, including 4+ years of Information Technology Project Lead experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...