Our Information Technology Solutions Delivery Team is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join us in our El Segundo , California
- Responsible for managing the overall performance and delivery of large / cross-functional software development projects that range from $500K to $10M; including scope, schedule, risk, issues and budget
- Must be able to oversee the project decisions and processes in terms of the big picture / cross-departmental impacts and provide leadership to cross- functional teams within a matrixed IT organization
- Establish and sustain strong on-going relationships with IT and business partners
- Provide clear and consistent communication of project status both internally to IT and with Business Stakeholders
- Ensure that issues and risks are identified, understood early and dealt with in a manner that mitigates surprises, risk to scope, cost, and schedule
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation - project plans, agendas, action items lists, deliverables and ensure adherence to company Project Management Standards and Software Development Lifecycle best practices
- Manage a high degree of change in a fast paced, complex and demanding environment
- Evaluate business unit and IT decisions to ensure they are in the best interest of customers and company goals; escalate as needed
- Provide input to executive level presentations for project stakeholders
- Manage projects according to Program objectives & key performance indicators
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 8-10 years’ experience managing complex, enterprise projects/programs in IT Application Development (PMP Preferred).
Candidate must possess the following qualities and characteristics:
- Lead and direct work of matrix project teams of more than 25 resources
- Experience with working in an Enterprise Release based delivery structure with projects spanning multiple application areas.
- Broad IT project management experience supporting Customer Operations business unit; broadcast/entertainment/media experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success managing large complex projects IT projects within formal WIP and SDLC processes and methodologies such as PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
- Proficiency in MS Project and other project & portfolio management applications
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated the ability to accommodate a high level of change and adapt accordingly
- Experience with analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate solutions
- High Energy
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Business political maturity
- Experience in leading and building capable subordinates
- This position is accountable for successful project delivery through disciplined project management processes and close collaboration with colleagues throughout the organization. Willingness to work occasional extended hours and weekends.
DIRECTV - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead...