Our Information Technology Solutions Delivery Team is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join us in our El Segundo , California
- Responsible for managing the overall performance and delivery of large / cross-functional software development projects that range from $500K to $10M; including scope, schedule, risk, issues and budget
- Must be able to oversee the project decisions and processes in terms of the big picture / cross-departmental impacts and provide leadership to cross- functional teams within a matrixed IT organization
- Establish and sustain strong on-going relationships with IT and business partners
- Provide clear and consistent communication of project status both internally to IT and with Business Stakeholders
- Ensure that issues and risks are identified, understood early and dealt with in a manner that mitigates surprises, risk to scope, cost, and schedule
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation - project plans, agendas, action items lists, deliverables and ensure adherence to company Project Management Standards and Software Development Lifecycle best practices
- Manage a high degree of change in a fast paced, complex and demanding environment
- Evaluate business unit and IT decisions to ensure they are in the best interest of customers and company goals; escalate as needed
- Provide input to executive level presentations for project stakeholders
- Manage projects according to Program objectives & key performance indicators
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 8-10 years’ experience managing complex, enterprise projects/programs in IT Application Development (PMP Preferred).
Candidate must possess the following qualities and characteristics:
- Lead and direct work of matrix project teams of more than 25 resources
- Experience with working in an Enterprise Release based delivery structure with projects spanning multiple application areas.
- Broad IT project management experience supporting Customer Operations business unit; broadcast/entertainment/media experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success managing large complex projects IT projects within formal WIP and SDLC processes and methodologies such as PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
- Proficiency in MS Project and other project & portfolio management applications
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated the ability to accommodate a high level of change and adapt accordingly
- Experience with analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate solutions
- High Energy
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Business political maturity
- Experience in leading and building capable subordinates
- This position is accountable for successful project delivery through disciplined project management processes and close collaboration with colleagues throughout the organization. Willingness to work occasional extended hours and weekends.
About Us? We’re About You.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual revenue or...