Under the direction of the ITS Project Management Office, the Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate activities surrounding major department or organizational project(s) and initiative(s) to ensure goals and objectives are met within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of a specified project or projects. Oversees all aspects of projects, defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Successful candidates will have experience as a Project Manager in implementation of large scale information systems and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field; or the equivalent in education and work experience. Master's Degree is a plus.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) - Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- 5+ years planning and implementation management in healthcare, technology, financial systems, or clinical systems.
- 5+ years of strong human relations skills to interface with executive management and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete IT projects
- Strong knowledge and successful completion of the overall planning, implementation, and infrastructure methodology used by vendors such as GE, Cerner and Epic.
- Experience managing implementations in a dynamic and highly integrated organization
- Solid working knowledge, skills, and understanding of project and program management techniques and technologies.
- Experience integrating HIPAA, Joint Commission, and other healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage complex IT projects.
- Able to perform budget planning, project planning and resource management for projects.
- Able to prioritize work with an appreciation and understanding of organizational drivers, mission, critical objectives and budgetary expectations.