Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a IT Project Manager.
This IT Project Manager will be part of our IT application development team of 20 application developers, 5 managers, and 8-12 stakeholders supporting the front-end of our Dealer Broker IT area of CUNA Mutual Group. This person will be a system-owner managing IT and business projects using an iterative approach - agile is a plus. Budgets range from $50k to $3M with a portfolio of approximately 40 software applications. This is a great position for project managers that would like to pursue a role in direct people management. While we appreciate IT project managers that come from managed services and infrastructure disciplines of IT, the need is within the SDLC web/application development space.
50% Lead project teams in the delivery of projects and/or the evolution of a product or process. Manage project resources and make adjustments as needed in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery. Manage expectations for project delivery, and ensure that the expected technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon. Demonstrate strong proficiency with project management methodology, project risk management and project management tools. Manage collaboration within the project team and across the IT organization to ensure successful project delivery. Develop the communication and collaboration processes that are needed for maximum effectiveness.
25% Supervise and direct the activities of up to five (5) professional Information Technology staff. Duties include providing work flow direction, technical guidance, project assignments, training, and performance evaluations of staff in both the technical and professional aspects of their performance. This includes interviewing, hiring, promoting and terminating professional staff.
20% Manage the relationship and strategic business partnership with business front-line management. Understand business needs and processes for given area of responsibility. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution and operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service. Actively seek new options and approaches to business issues, and act as a driver of change.
5% Develop and maintain project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments. Promote and contribute to the enhancement of the corporate project management/QA methodology
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive, and other duties/responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
1. Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent trade-off in professional related work experience with demonstrated achievement and progressive responsibilities.
2. Minimum 5 years of IT experience with the most recent 24 months as a project lead or quality assurance lead on small to medium sized projects.
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises. Understanding of how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
4. Demonstrated strong proficiency with project management and associated project management tools.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities, direct a project plan and meet project deliverable expectations.
6. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to meet complex business needs.
7. Demonstrated ability to navigate the organization and influence key stakeholders.
8. Demonstrated ability to mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues.
9. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
9. Experience using project management methodologies relating to - agile a plus.
10. Strong financial reporting against project plan.
11. Willingness to grow into direct people management.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SPK20121511-90077