Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as an IT Project Manager
Under the direction of Information Technology Management, lead diverse teams and manage on time and on budget delivery of projects and the evolution of product or process. Manage expectations for project delivery, raise risks, and demonstrate high proficiency in project management methodology and tools. Manage a project workforce that is agile, scalable, and adaptable to changing business needs in such a manner as to ensure project deadlines, scope and costs are in balance. Monitor and make adjustments as needed in order to achieve successful project delivery. Manage the relationship and strategic business partnership with business front-line management. Possess industry-wide technology and business knowledge and drive innovation within the domain of IT and assigned business area(s). Specialize in the following Project Management functions:
1. Manage the projects with various people, process and technology components from conceptualization through implementation. Apply a corporate-wide perspective to assess business needs and the impact of potential solutions.
2. Facilitate business management through the assessment phase of a project including scope definition, high level requirements definition, and cost/benefit analysis.
3. Direct the activities of technology project team members including providing workflow direction, technical guidance, and project assignments.
4. Coordinate system development projects across multiple business units.
5. Promote effective use of project management processes. Help refine and enhance the corporate PM competency.
75% Lead project teams in the delivery of projects and/or the evolution of a product or process. Manage project resources and make adjustments as needed in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery. Manage expectations for project delivery, and ensure that the expected technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon. Demonstrate strong proficiency with project management methodology, project risk management and project management tools. Manage collaboration within the project team and across the IT organization to ensure successful project delivery. Develop the communication and collaboration processes that are needed for maximum effectiveness.
20% Manage the relationship and strategic business partnership with business front-line management. Understand business needs and processes for given area of responsibility. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution and operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service. Actively seek new options and approaches to business issues, and act as a driver of change.
5% Develop and maintain project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments. Promote and contribute to the enhancement of the corporate project management/QA methodology
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent trade-off in professional related work experience with demonstrated achievement and progressive responsibilities.
2. Minimum 5 years of IT experience with the most recent 24 months as a project lead or quality assurance lead on small to medium sized projects.
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises. Understanding of how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
4. Demonstrated strong proficiency with project management and associated project management tools. Preference for experience with Agile/Scrum application development methodology.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities, direct a project plan and meet project deliverable expectations.
6. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to meet complex business needs.
7. Demonstrated ability to navigate the organization and influence key stakeholders.
8. Demonstrated ability to mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues.
9. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: JEG20132211-24742
CUNA Mutual Group - 9 months ago