Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: Information Technology
Pay Type: Yearly
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 40
Salary Plan: ADM
Min Rate: $63,197.00
Max Rate: $85,502.00
Salary Range Information
Salary placement for our Administrative staff will be determined by our Administrative Salary schedule. Salary ranges for each position are identified in the Pay Ranges for Administrative positions.
Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees’ education and/or work experience.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Administrative Employee Compensation Program handbook that can be found on our district website.
SUMMARY: Manage, plan, coordinate and oversee major systems projects for Information Technology (IT) involving District departments, schools, new construction, building renovation, personnel and outside contractors. This includes software development, hardware identification, needs assessment, IT and building infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred. Relevant equivalent experience may be substituted on a year for year basis in addition to the minimum work experience requirement.
• Advanced technical and project management training.
• Minimum of five years of experience in the field of IT.
• Software development lifestyle knowledge and experience required.
• Minimum of three years of major project management experience required.
• Experience in group facilitation, planning, problem solving and other leadership activities.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• PMI Certification preferred (PMP, CAPM).
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of commercial construction and facilities management preferred.
• Ability to read and understand architectural designs and plans.
• Situational leadership and conflict management skills.
• Ability to effectively manage project budgets, schedules and correspondence.
• Ability to work effectively in team situations.
• Ability and willingness to work independently in flexible environments with short timeline requirements.
• Ability and willingness to be approachable, accessible, responsible and follow-through on projects.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Advanced operating knowledge of microcomputer hardware and software.
• Operating knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Strong knowledge of MS Project
• On a project-by-project basis, may be solely responsible for, participate in or make recommendations related to developing, administering, monitoring, coordinating and initiating requisition for project budgets.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• Budget oversight for project specific P&L.
How To Apply
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
Applicants for this position shall apply online. Please send to Human Resources or upload to the online application a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of recommendation/references. If this position requires a degree, official transcripts must be submitted at the time of hire. If this position requires a Certified Administrator license, please provide a copy of this license at the time of application. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience. If you attach a resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 E. 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 20 months ago