JOB TITLE: IT Project Manager
REPORTS TO: IT Director
Aimia has been around for a long time, but is always changing and pushing new limits. Our relationship-building company was recently recognized on the Worlds Top Agency Companies list by Advertising Age . We live off quenching our clients thirst for new ideas and direction. We also believe in the power of having fun - it should never be underestimated. Its how we turn creativity into results. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk, wed love to hear from you. We think the future looks bright and are seeking a passionate individual who can tap into that excitement.
Plans, directs and monitors all activities for larger scale, complex IT projects/programs . Manages projects for a corporate function or operating group. May be accountable for 1 or more direct support staff and/or indirectly for a team comprised of co-located or offsite employees, co-located or offshore contractors, vendors, etc. Responsible for financial/work estimates of project/initiatives, budget tracking and managing expectations of those estimates.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Responsible for full project delivery for large, complex projects or assignments relative to a broader business or corporate need, keeping them on track, on budget and resolving issues.
- Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of the project.
- Creates project reporting, change management and documentation standards aligned with corporate standards and enforces standard methods for system design, implementation, and production.
- Establishes work plan and project organization, staffing by phase, team selection, project management training and team performance management.
- Manages client expectations and resource requirements for the project to ensure ownership and success.
- Develops project budgets, capital expenditures requirements or other cost estimates related to a project.
- Reports to management, clients and others the status of project deliverables, milestones and costs.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of business / corporate unit(s).
- Manages the human resources of the direct reports, i.e. staff selection, training, compensation, performance, career planning.
- Bachelor Degree required (advanced degree preferred), with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent education/experience.
- PMI p referred
- 10 years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience, with at least 5 years in Project and/or Program Management
- Experience with product and application development, infrastructure and end-user computing is a big plus
- Must be able to work independently, requiring minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal as well as communication sklls.