DDN does NOT accept resumes or calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your cooperation.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise.
We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager
This position will partner with IT leadership to establish and oversee a consistent IT project management methodology and personally drive the largest and most visible programs. The position provides overall leadership for the projects, oversees implementation of the systems and new modules or upgrades, and drives continuous improvement to business processes and business results based on the capabilities of the solutions. This position ensures the successful transfer of knowledge from the implementation teams to the support organization and all employees affected by the systems implementations.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the projects to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee
- Works on highly complex business issues that have significant impact to the enterprise, and across enterprise processes and functions due to the implementation
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources
- Responsible for projects, including project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Manages integration of packaged solutions into enterprise technical architecture and business environment
- Responsible for ensuring that projects can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
- May be responsible for procurement of package-related hardware, software and services
Qualifications for this role are:
- Line-of-business (LOB) managers for business users affected by the project
- IT line managers for all IT associates involved in the selection, design, implementation, rollout and/or update of ERP/business application
- Business stakeholders/IT steering committee
- Hardware, software and service vendors
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 8—10 years of IT and business/high-tech manufacturing industry work
- Strong experience with Oracle ERP
- Three to five years of leadership responsibility managing medium to large project teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Certification from recognized authority preferred (e.g., project management professional [PMP] certification from the Project Management Institute [PMI]) for international projects or global rollouts, and experience in leading internationally distributed teams
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile methodologies strongly preferred
DDN has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record
- Excellent management and team-building skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation
- Business application life cycle management
- System development life cycle management
- Budget planning and management
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Experienced in facilitation and negotiating
- Intercultural competence
Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and DDN successes.
Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance DDN’s brand.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining DDN!
Please read only if you need application assistance:
If you are having problems applying online or need assistance with applying for a position or have general questions, please contact Human Resources via email at EmploymentApplicationHelp@ddn.com.
This email is specifically designated for people who are having difficulty applying for a specific position via our website at www.ddn.com/careers. All candidates MUST apply via our website and to a specific open position to be considered for a position; we do not accept resumes at this email or in any other submission format.
If you are having a problem applying to a role online, please state this in your email and someone will be in touch with you within 36 business hours.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
The Recruitment Team at DDN