Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
Responsible for managing projects considered strategic within the CIO. Focus will be with technology projects involving internal/external applications that will need to be modified along with changes/upgrades to the underlying technical infrastructure. This resource will need to work across the IT, QA, Development and Product/Platform Management groups to execute on a holistic plan. The first initiatives will be; Application migrations from DC1 to different data centers; Application Upgrades to improve resiliency; Microsoft SQL contractual requirements.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple development and IT projects
- Responsible for managing multiple IT infrastructure projects and product development projects.
- Implements project review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of projects as measured by organizational goals.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by working with the functional groups within the organization and management, through coaching and mentoring existing resources.
- Minimizes project and stakeholder exposure and risk across multiple projects.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
- Manages projects through the SDLC using the most effective project mythology and techniques.
- Performs full project lifecycle management
- Self-starter who can proactively work through issues and problems and the ability to discern when an issue must be escalated.
- Responsible for resource planning on all assigned projects.
- Planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the technical infrastructure company-wide.
- Recognizes necessary technical improvements and makes suggestions to management.
- Has effectively and successfully managed IT and Development projects
- Strong understanding of technical terms and processes
- Possess an understanding of IT and development processes and ecommerce
- Proficient in project management methodologies and technique with an ability to manage multiple projects for inception to close.
- Collaborate with QA leadership to direct the quality/test strategies for the project
- Utilize change management processes in place to manage scope and expectations.
- Experience working with teams that manage network, storage and systems
- Comfortable delegating to individuals within the project team and providing support that leads to a successful outcome.
- Serves as key participant in team and stakeholder meetings.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in the organization.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Develops the appropriate communication plans to ensure effective communication to all stakeholders.
- Communicates with the project team and stakeholders frequently to stay informed of project status, risks and issues.
- Creates and maintains project plans that communicate delivery of milestones, tasks by date and resource allocation.
- Proven facilitator and ability to produce clear and concise presentations
- Well-developed leadership skills, team focused.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Assertive and adaptable individual, who keeps a positive attitude in an ever changing environment.
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Reviews the status reports of team members across projects and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to make well informed decisions on a day to day basis and perform under pressure.
Other Position Requirements:
- 6+ years of previous project/program management work experience, and management experience is preferred.
- May have to work holiday hours or late night hours as part of the role and project delivery.
Digital River, Inc. offers a variety of perks such as an on-site fitness center, on-site full-service cafeteria, free on-site parking, casual dress every day, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, domestic partner benefits, auto and homeowners discounts, on-site massage therapists and chiropractors, bring your dog to work day, pet insurance and all in a beautiful, Leed-certified, state-of-the-art building with scenic walking trails.
Standard benefits include a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees, a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical-dental-vision and life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, holiday and vacation days.
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.
Digital River, Inc. - 20 months ago