Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day management of the project, defining the project with the sponsor, and then ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality as defined by the acceptance criteria agreed by the users represented by the senior user by performing the following duties.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years related experience; Five to seven years experience leading Information Technology projects and experience in pharmacy, health care, or the pharmaceutical industry is highly desired.
Certificates and Licenses:
Project management certification preferred
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coaches and advises team members and leadership to accomplish project goals, meet established schedules, and resolve technical/operational issues.
Influences customers to apply project planning methodologies.
Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements.
Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria.
Utilizes appropriate automated systems for management of projects.
Develops, proposes, and negotiates project proposals, quotations, and add-ons to leadership and the client.
Analyzes project progress and costs and facilitates the development of recommended alternatives.
Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
Defines project tasks and resources requirements.
Assembles and coordinates project staff.
Manages project budget and project resource allocation.
Plans, develops, and schedules project timelines.
Integrates and uses project management methodologies.
Creates communication plans ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
Advises senior management on project management capability and risk.
Maintains awareness on emerging technologies and project management techniques.
Demonstrates proven successful project leading experience and/or demonstrates a depth or breadth of knowledge and experience in a number of project management interrelated areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products and database software.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including techniques, tools, risk planning/management, change management, and people management
- Proficient in project planning, organizing, team motivation, and delegation
- Budgeting and data analysis skills
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to influence individuals at all levels in different departments, including senior executives
- High degree of commitment, flexibility, self-motivation, self-confidence, assertiveness, and high tolerance of ambiguity
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to collaborate with others through teamwork
- Able to integrate information from multiple sources in order to anticipate issues, come up with solutions, and resolve problems
- Understanding and experience with related business and development processes
- Goal-oriented and self-directed
- Time management
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Experience with conflict management and being adaptable to changes
- Experience working with consultants, vendors, and other suppliers to define and obtain deliverables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard