The IT Project Manager (PM) is responsible for overseeing the adoption and integration of Federation's internal and customer-facing software products and other key business platforms. This role will collaborate with requesting departments as needed to evaluate, bid, implement and integrate business systems.
The PM will work closely with department leaders to define requirements, and manage the planning, implementation, operation, maintenance and life cycle support of software applications and special projects. The PM must be able to provide assessment of project issues and develops solutions to those issues to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives. The PM will report to the Director of IT and will work closely with other department leaders to identify, plan and support new opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
· Develop/update project plans, implement schedules and cost estimates for projects
· Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project, including time, scope, budget, risk, quality, and resources, tracks changes and approvals of same
· Direct, motivate and coordinate resources on assigned projects
· Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
· Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to project sponsors
· Communicate routinely with project team members, providing timely updates and feedback
· Participate in the establishment/implementation of short and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures: monitors and provides timely management reporting
· Communicate regularly with IT Management regarding the status of current project initiatives
· Participate in managing vendor and consultant relations to meet the requirements of outlined projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work with non-technical users
· Experience with MS Office Suite and standard PM tools such as MS Project
· Experience with SharePoint 2010, Raiser’s Edge or MS SQL tools a plus
· Demonstrated ability to meet obligations with confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
· Knowledge of and adherence to the standards and techniques of the PMBOK
· Ability to manage time and resources directed toward multiple projects / assignments
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions
· Strong project methodology experience
· Goal oriented and action/result focused
· Pragmatic, self-disciplined, and organized
· 5 years of experience in technical project management with web systems-related activities preferred.
· PMP Certification preferred but not required.
· Demonstrated leadership attributes (strategic planning, project planning, organizational management, etc.)
· Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standard software development lifecycle
· Demonstrated team player
· Demonstrated effective customer relationship management skills
· Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
· Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with strong presentation skills
A four year degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
· General office environment, comfortable with IT Project Management for internally developed, 3rd party or operation projects, ability to work and communicate with both IT and the department stakeholders.
· Must be able communicate and interact effectively with employees and/or other clients.
· Frequent computer use at workstation or office, up to and over eight hours at a time.
· Frequently work at fast pace, multitasked, with unscheduled interruptions.
· Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule in order to meet deadlines.
· Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
· Access information using a computer.
· Carrying a mobile device and accepting calls from the staff during non-work hours (for example, unplanned absences and work-related problems).
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit - 5 months ago
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit : Website