Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely withour customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. MTS’s high-performance position sensors provide controls for a variety of industrial and vehicular applications. We are seeking an I.T. SAP Project Manager.
Responsible for the detailed day-to-day management of one or more I.T. projects within a SAP software environment. Ensures tasks outlined in the project plan are assigned to the right resource and executed as planned. Ensures project issues are being raised up to the Program Manager and/or Sponsor as needed.
· Form/develop an IT project team that ensures the required parties and skill sets are assigned and the time commitment is known. Staff key positions with internal personnel qualified and capable of performing their assigned responsibilities effectively.
· Collaborate with the process owner and project sponsor to understand the projects primary objectives. Facilitate the definition of IT activities and steps that will deliver on the projects objectives.
· Successfully deliver projects - people, process & technology capabilities that are on-time, on-budget with high customer satisfaction and quality execution.
· Ensure project plans have challenging schedules and budgets for each assigned project. Take responsibility for project deliverables.
· Ensure the Project Management Office (PMO) and team members are informed of the progress. Provide a weekly project status report.
· Ensure utilization of the approved project management methodology for consistency and alignment of activities. Drive the solution, the plan and the work.
· Participate as a leader and team member, inspiring and guiding others, supporting and encouraging co-workers toward common goals. Work to maintain a positive environment within the group and with other functional support groups. Communicate proactively and work to resolve minor conflicts before they become major conflicts. Distinguish issues from personalities. Value and integrate the ideas of others. Understand and respect others’ abilities and make decisions with the best interests of the team in mind.
· Build relationships with process owners, project sponsors, architects, or other team members and p erform other duties as assigned.
· B.S. Degree or equivalent.
· Minimum of 10 years of IT and demonstrated project leadership experience.
· Managed past SAP projects.
· Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies for project management.
· SAP ECC (ERP Central Component) and CRM experience
· Must be a driver and be able to rally/motivate a team.
· Must be able to do work break-down definitions and tracking, including capital and expense tracking.
· Must be able to resolve issues and be comfortable making decisions around scope/schedule/cost.
· Excellent communication, relationship building and judgmental competencies.
· B.S. degree in Computer Science.
· Prefer experience with master record configuration and ABAP.
· Prefer CRM utilization for service processing.
· Professional Project Management certification is preferred.
· Experience leading large / complex project management projects preferred.
No Agencies please
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 7 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...