In this role you would be part of a small entrepreneurial team, leading a care management software implementation project. You would be responsible for developing project planning deliverables, including schedules, execution plans, work breakdown structures, and budgets. You would coordinate the efforts of geographically diverse teams (employees, consultants, and vendors) and facilitate communications to ensure the team remains in sync. As a key project leader, you would identify key issues, escalate and mitigate risks, and work across all levels of the organization to manage expectations for project delivery and to expedite project success.
What you’d do:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications requirements.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Engage with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Plan, schedule, track, and update project timelines, milestones, and deliverables in an ongoing basis using appropriate tools; identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Provide status reports, analyze results, identify and resolve issues.
- Develop project metrics and a project dashboard to facilitate project status communication
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project lifecycle.
- Proactively identify and manage changes in project scope and devise contingency plans.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- In partnership with third party vendors, estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and change orders; recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Motivate and provide work direction to project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop deep awareness of contractual documents (Master Services Agreement, Statements of Work, and Change Orders) and ensure appropriate stewardship.
- Establish standards for documentation management and archival.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Develop and deliver formal progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related field required (an additional 4 years of relevant work experience may be substituted).
- PMP or CAPM certification obtained from Project Management Institute preferred.
- Five (5) years of project management work experience.
- Strong project management experience with complex software development and implementation projects, and a proven track record dealing with IT system implementations.
- Understanding of existing healthcare IT technologies and challenges.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral – across all levels, including executive management, plus the ability to provide direction to local and remote teams.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative approach and be able to develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent analytic skills to research and analyze various types of issues.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple assignments and balance priorities and schedules.
- Proven experience delivering projects on time and budget; results driven approach.
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles and practices and ways of mitigating those risks to an acceptable level.
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
What does Qualis Health do?
Qualis Health’s award-winning population health management services contribute to better outcomes for...