Healthcare client has greatly expanded its services and customer base and is looking to evaluate, redesign and revamp their technologies throughout the organization as they link their business partners together.
The Project Manager will work within a PMO on various IT Initiatives for different departments as well as across the enterprise. The Project manager will be involved with systems (both business and clinical based) implementations and infrastructure redesign and build out. Due to the predicted growth of the organization in the coming years the position will allow a lot of career development over time. The PM must possess previous Healthcare experience.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Effectively applies PM methodology and enforces project standards.
- Leads project efforts including completing project scoping.
- Will plan and design IT projects, creating budgets, forecasting necessary resources, setting deadlines and timeframes.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team.
- Facilitates team meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with project team. Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project work is delivered.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in health or business administration
- 7+ years in a Project Management position leading systems, application or infrastructure projects
- Experience creating budgets and determining necessary resources, deadline and timeframes
- Possesses a deep understanding of health care industry and business processes.
- Experience with claims systems, managed care systems, lab systems, EMR and/or EHR required
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design. Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Project management experience. Product or program management experience.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.
Smith Arnold Partners - 17 months ago