The IT Project Manager works within a PMO to help the organization achieve its IT objectives and goals. This position will work across all departments and at the enterprise level.
The initial goal/focus of this position will to help evaluate, redesign and implement new infrastructure technologies, processes and policies.
This position will assist and lead IT projects related to telecommunications, email systems, network and infrastructure as the client continues to separate from their parent company.
Over time this role will develop and continue to work on other enterprise wide initiatives involving; systems, applications and network. A background in the Healthcare Industry is strongly desired.
- Develops detailed project plans. Requires detail-oriented, critical thinking skills required to develop an effective work breakdown structure.
- Manages, executes and revises project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Managing and tracking day-to-day operational aspects of a project and reporting on project status.
- Maintains proactive approach to resolving project problems, escalates issues when necessary, and facilities decision-making.
- Leads cross-functional project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle including requirements and scope definition, project plan development, design, build, testing, training and implementation.
- Facilitates necessary internal and external meetings and preparing necessary status reports to ensure project tasks are being completed in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and planning
- 5+ years of Project Management experience, leading and assisting with projects involving infrastructure, telecommunications, network
- Ability to plan for large initiatives/projects, managing all tasks required to meet client and business needs within budget and targeted deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills needed to support dynamic work teams and communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including patients/families, hospital administrative staff, IS staff, clinicians and external contacts and vendors.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills; ability to write and present for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated, highly-developed organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of process management/process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to teach project management training classes and to coach/mentor others in project management.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.
Smith Arnold Partners - 12 months ago