Taunton Press is seeking an IT Project Manager with extensive experience managing Accounting-focused projects. The successful candidate will have a background in Accounting and experience managing IT development and integration projects. The candidate will also be responsible for technical operations of the company accounting systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be proficient with Accounting principles and able to translate these accurately into IT solutions. Ability to identify and explain the Accounting requirements for all assigned projects.
- Manage concurrent business solutions projects for assigned application areas.
- Work in a matrixed environment where resources are shared for all support and development activities.
- Must be a hands-on contributor in all project and operations activities.
- This position requires prior experience using SQL tools for database access and comfort with the tools.
- Accountable for all phases of assigned projects from initiation through implementation. Projects are a combination of in-house development as well as data integration with third-party solutions.
- Work with business partners to develop functional specifications for all project and support activities. Must understand the functional requirements and be able to communicate these to the project team.
- Work with business partners and department technical staff in prioritizing resources; identify critical decisions, make recommendations, and implement solutions to maximize project results. Ensure tight linkage between business partners and technical staff.
- Must be proficient with project planning and monitoring and especially with effective communication. Experience with traditional SDLC as well as agile methods is desirable.
- Balance support of existing application solutions with project-based work including production support triage and management of project and support backlog.
- Coordinate all activities related to releases of system enhancements working within the department change management process.
- Collaborate with the accounting staff and act as subject matter expert for accounting-related issues in the ITS department. Responsible for directing the support activities of technical staff related to the company accounting system.
- BS or BA required (preferably within Accounting or Management Information Systems).
- 2-3 years project management experience in an IT department.
- Experience with SQL query tools in a SQL Server or Oracle environment.
- Positive attitude and drive to deliver outstanding solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people at all levels of the organization to develop solutions to make their jobs easier.
- Experience with Lawson software is a definite plus.
The Taunton Press, Inc - 21 months ago