The IT Quality Assurance Analyst is part of a team that is responsible for testing application software, interfaces, and hardware involved in the publication of both digital and print advertising products. The Analyst will use their knowledge and understanding to work on end-to-end software testing using Smarte QM testing and reporting tool. They also create test scripts, execute scripts, report and manage defects as well as communicate with the stakeholders on proper testing and deployment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs application testing of multiple software systems. Reports test outcome by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data using best practices.
- Verifies, validates and documents testing results by accessing and querying databases using SQL. Captures and documents artifacts and records defects. Identifies problems or deficiencies in the software development process
- Resolves testing problems by modifying testing methods during tests; conferring with Analyst and other team members to revise test objectives and plans.
- Gain an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and any proposed new requirements. Consults with the requirements development staff on requirements and design specifications and new features
- Creation and maintenance of test matrixes and test strategies
- Creates regression testing plans and automated regression tests
- Two + years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing. This includes diagnosing, reporting, tracking, documenting and resolving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Participates in design sessions
- Well organized and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with application design a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to understand/learn processes used to sell advertising through to the fulfillment, production, and invoicing of advertising along with its information and support requirements. Knowledge of processes around functions like contract keying, white page listing maintenance, yellow page print ad production, digital advertising production, production of invoices, and various other support activities is desired.
The Berry Company is deeply committed to supporting the communities where we live and work. Our employees, who participate through donations...