The IT Reporting Analyst is responsible for ensuring that both ad hoc and standard operational reports are delivered accurately and on time. This role also analyzes designated performance measures/reports which may include, but are not limited to, availability, performance, satisfaction and operational metrics & where required, performs root cause analysis & trending analysis. Individuals in this job work with other functional teams to access and understand data to be analyzed and to identify process improvement opportunities. Additionally, this job may involve coordinating across multiple operations/teams to add reporting insight and support their reporting needs.
1. Creates and maintains a catalogue of existing services offered by the organization
2. Creates & maintains existing service level reporting for each IT infrastructure area
3. Analyzes reporting needs, performs trend analysis and produces ad-hoc reporting as requested
4. Continuously improve upon existing service level reporting by seeking out new and/or improved key performance indicators (KPIs) for individual service areas
5. Collaborate with IT Infrastructure groups to define service levels and KPIs for each platform area (i.e. Windows, Unix, SharePoint, Exchange, etc) and develop meaningful reporting for each area
6. Collaborate with other IT areas to establish service levels and KPIs surrounding application availability
SQL knowledge / Reasonable technical understanding and an ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts / In depth knowledge of reporting tools such as (Business Objects, Crystal Reporting, Cognos, etc) / Familiarity with VMware Service Manager / Programming / scripting knowledge to automate & create dashboards / Good understanding of the IT services & how IT contributes to the business goals / Good understanding of statistical and analytical principles and processes / Proven ability to work independently & in a team setting / Ability to build relationships across the organization / Excellent communication skills (written & oral) & interpersonal skills / Good organization, multi-tasking & time-management skills
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with an IT focus is preferred
Biogen Idec - 13 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...