The Manager of IT Resources is responsible for establishing the Resource Management methodology and managing resource demand forecasting for all potential and assigned activities which require IT staff. This position requires that the individual act as a high level liaison between the PMO and the IT organization, as it relates to resourcing across all work and workflows (Projects, SR’s, MOB, etc.). The Mgr IT Resources must prioritize deliverables, projects, and resources and is accountable for results. Additionally, the incumbent works closely with IT budget administration, as well as Vendor Management teams to manage resource supply needs and associated costs.
• Creates and manages resource management process, plans and schedules related to IT resources to establish foundational IT resource capacity and demand planning.
• Develops systems/tools and processes needed to coordinate the fair and even distribution of IT resources for all current and forecasted activities requiring IT staff
• Forecasts potential operational concerns, backlogs, and metrics outcomes; recommends and implements solutions to control existing issues and prevent future issues.
• Accountable for oversight of forecasting, scheduling, real time adherence, and equipment allocation for the IT division programs and projects, including permanent and contractor resources.
• Provides resource management leadership to the team including, but not limited to: staffing requirements, resource allocations, benchmarking, workflow studies, and training.
• Creates a master database of individuals and associated skills
• Works closely with IT leadership to capture skill requirements and drive long term staffing model for IT project initiatives – both internal and external staffing mix
• Partners with Portfolio and Project Managers, IT Strategy and Business Relationship Managers to understand the strategic direction of the business and the portfolio for effective resource planning
• Leverages analysis of IT project resource capabilities to identify and close gaps in staffing and skill-set capabilities
• Monitor project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of under or over utilization and actively working with appropriate IT leads to address and resolve such issues.
• Work with project management team to identify resource leveling opportunities across initiatives to ensure efficient and effective resource utilization
• Manage resource forecasting data, based on input from IT department leads and project management teams.
• Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to leadership, with resolutions to such issues where applicable.
• Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming projects and development activities as they relate to potential resource needs.
• Define metrics and prepare and distribute regular utilization and demand forecast reports to IT Leadership
• Work with Vendor Management team to communicate resource gaps and assist in the identification and management of potential suppliers, facilitating initial discussions as needed to meet specific project requirements.
• Participate in strategic planning discussions as it relates to resource demand forecasting.
• Work with project leadership to identify potential resource contingency plans.
• Maintains communication with IT leadership, project managers, Talent Acquisition and the training team to ensure that staff resources to ensure appropriate training, selection and utilization for the identified project.
• Provide input to corporate training initiatives based on identified knowledge and skill gaps.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT and /or Business Administration required and a minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Resource Planning Management Role required
• Management expertise: minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience
• Must possess a thorough understanding and use of System Development Life Cycles.
• Experience analyzing and making recommendations to correct skills and knowledge gaps.
• Experience with IT Reporting, IT Portfolio and Project Management tools, preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Microsoft Excellus Health Plan, Inc.
• Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
• Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form
• Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward to obtain results
• Detail oriented and ability to work independently
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload
In support of the American with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 9 months ago