Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, the Imaging Services area of the Radiology Department is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an IT Systems Senior Support in Radiology.
- Trains Radiology staff on utilized systems not otherwise provided for via the Help Desk.
- Communicates and interacts as liaison to multi-level, multi-specialty IT technical and managerial personnel as appropriate.
- Works with hospital management staff to resolve discrepancies with the Radiology Information Systems.
- Supports Radiology leadership in the application of standardized, financial reporting.
- Serves as an effective communicator of Radiology IT vision and goals.
- Demonstrates high level critical thinking of Radiology and Hospital Computer Systems Utilized in Radiology.
- Demonstrates broad IT knowledge and skills consistent with Radiology computer system functionality, including knowledge of HL7, TCP/IP and DICOM protocols.
- Experience in installing Windows applications and doing basic Windows troubleshooting functions
- Knowledge in programming using C, C++, or C#.
- Experience working in Unix or Linux system, with basic knowledge of shell scripts and use of the vi editor.
- Ability to program in SQL (selects, updates, inserts, deletes).
- Ability to create and maintain Microsoft Access data bases.
- Provides effective leadership support to the Systems Administrator and Radiology leadership team. Able to strategically identify, internalize and communicate the critical success factors necessary for success.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems/Computer Science is required.
- 3-5 years experience working with a Radiology Management Systems, as well as Hospital Information Systems preferred.
- Experience working with radiology-based network systems (Voice Recognition, Imaging Modality Networks) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites software.