This position is responsible for security remediation and administration across multiple IT disciplines as well as the proper hardening and security of all infrastructure equipment and configurations. Consults and collaborates primarily with Network Engineers, System Engineers, IT Operations and other IT technicians.
Expertise and knowledge with infrastructure and systems security.
- Establishes Solution and Systems Security standards and proactively identifies opportunities to optimize security, reliability and availability.
- Working with the Lead Security and Risk Engineer, works to develop and maintain a comprehensive data security plan.
- Assists in the acquisition and deployment of security tools.
- Assists with administering security policies, standards and procedures.
- Checkpoint Firewall Administration
- Symantec System Center Management and Monitoring: Ensure all clients receive latest definitions and investigate all breaches.
- Patch Management: Ensures that all clients and servers have the latest 1st and 3rd party security and critical patches and hotfixes.
- Vulnerability Management: Identifies all compliance and vulnerability risks and facilitate the remediation tasks.
- Directory Services and Security Management: Audits user accounts and permissions and for risks and vulnerabilities; AD, VPN, AAA, etc.
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Ensure authenticating users, producing and distributing certificates, maintaining, managing and revoking certificates.
- Experience with architecting and engineering security environments.
Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security
- Knowledge and experience with Internet Security and Intrusion Detection management.
- Knowledge and experience with VPN's, Internet, and firewall technology.
- Proven knowledge and technical experience with Windows, VMWare, Microsoft SQL, Web application servers and LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Experience with security scanning and vulnerability management and remediation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to Incident, Change, Service, Problem Management processes and SLA's.
- Exceptional analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong skills in the following areas; organization, motivation, interpersonal skills, time management, and communication.
- Flexibility and ability to work proactively in a team based environment.
- Self-starter and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Flexibility to adjust responsibilities and hours to meet firm or client requirements.
- Ideal, experience with the following systems:
- Check Point Firewalls, IPS, Clusters
- F5 Big-IP APM, ASM, LTM
- Cisco ISE, ACS, Wireless
- Credent, or similar encryption technologies
- Internet Security using SSL, etc, and a strong Web Background
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (312) 460-6545 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator
- Experience with law firms
- Experience with large multisite environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance; transportation fringe benefit program; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Seyfarth Shaw LLP - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Every day is labor day at law firm Seyfarth Shaw, which specializes in handling employment-related matters for its clients. The firm divides...