As the Director of IT Security, the position will be responsible for championing security and IT best practices with the development, implementation, and maintenance of technologies and services that secure the organization’s informational property. The Director will need to consistently seek to identify and implement solutions, which result in increased security for the entire organization while understanding the impact on the core business.
- Perform hands on technical management of security services and functions including firewall management, network management, server hardening, user management, network intrusion detection, vulnerability management, etc.
- Train and develop information security analysts in technology and security best practices.
- Interface with TSI employees, vendors and end-users regarding the development of security specifications and end-user security awareness.
- Research, analyze, maintain, document, recommend, and implement specific software and security applications and solutions. Modify processes and procedures to protect against and resolve network and end-user security problems to preserve a high level of security throughout the organization.
- Responsible for project management for new security related implementations like identity management, single sign on, network architecture redesigns, etc.
- Responsible for assisting with IT governance and compliance related issues including PCI, SOX and privacy regulations.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of remote access platforms for Town Sports International staff, liaison offices and trusted business partners.
- Implement and maintain all components of information security requirements for Town Sports International Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Advise and assist departmental users in defining security risks, requirements and solutions for new and existing products and applications.
- Create and maintain related secure programming documentation, and actively provide implementation training as well as on-going application support.
- Advise and assist in the creation, maintenance and review of security specific policies and procedures for IT and Town Sports International.
- Serve as technical liaison between the Town Sports International and third party vendors in defining, designing, and implementing security systems as well as evaluation of Third Party controls’ compliance with TSI policies.
- Provide technical assistance to IT staff in the detection and resolution of security problems.
- Participates in system testing activities and recommendations.
- Research business requirements and evaluate vendor products and services.
- Communicate and report issues, status, and results to management.
- Degree(s) in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Five (5) plus years experience performing and managing IT security
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the information security fields.
- Must be able to work independently and within a cross functional team
- Regulatory experience (i.e., PCI & SOX) a plus.
- UNIX/Linux experience a plus.
- SIM/SEM Experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Town Sports International - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. (TSI Holdings) is an operator of fitness clubs in the northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the...