Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Under the guidance of the Director of IT Security, the IT Security Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a cycle of continuous improvement of the core infrastructure and platform protection systems and services.
Must be able to perform hands on tier-3 support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to key areas covered above.
Work closely with the IT Security and Compliance organizations to review, recommend and engineer security technologies in line with corporate information security program.
Participate in vulnerability assessments and penetration testing activities.
Develop detailed designs for implementation of key security infrastructure upgrades and platform recommendations.
Define implementation and testing procedures.
Provide inputs for formulating security architecture recommendations and design of security services.
Ensure adherence to best practices in accordance with information security best practices, industry standards, and corporate policies and procedures.
Participate in User Awareness initiatives.
Participate in various projects as required.
Develop and maintain appropriate Informaiton Security technical documentation as well as providing reviews and updates of existing policies and procedures.
Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
Perform Information Security analysis and provide metrics and reporting as required.
Provide timely updates to Management regarding projects currently taking place.
Stay up-to-date with latest techniques and technology.
Ensures compliance with all audit requirements including change control procedures and data security.
Provide 24x7 support as appropriate.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience as an information security engineer.
- Working knowledge of various privacy, risk, security standards and practices
- Strong interest and knowledge of security technologies and trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience in working with server & endpoint security platform (AV, encryption, HIPS, etc.), firewalls, intrusion prevention, enterprise security event log management, two factor authentication, OS/platform security standards, vulnerability management, data loss prevention and patch management.
- A proven track record in identifying, selecting and deploying common security tools and products.
- Experience working in collaborative, team-oriented environments with commitment to results and a proven track record of accomplishments.
- CEH, GCIH/GCIA/GPEN, CISSP or other equivalent security certification desired.
- Cisco, Microsoft, Linux and other vendor certifications a plus.
- Experience with two or more of following vendor solutions a plus:
- Cisco Security Products, SourceFire, McAfee Suite, Websense, Qualys, Nexpose, Nessus, Metasploit
- Experience with Unix systems is required, demonstrated experience with Python and/or Perl a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education and training.
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status. US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...