The purpose of this position is to provide industry expertise as well as oversight and direction between the IT department and various business divisions of Champion Energy Services.
Essential Job Functions
Work Experience Requirements
- Deliver and support viable business processes using software and technology based solutions as required
- Act as liaison between Champion and outside vendor supporting pricing, forecasting and risk management.
- First level of service and issue resolution for (pricing, forecasting, risk) software.
- Ensure projects remain on target; risks/issues are escalated and managed properly and most importantly, ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Motivated self-starter with industry experience, enterprise vision, and ability to see big picture
- Capability to lead teams and help deliver quality business solutions within restricted timelines
- Must have a solid background in providing in-depth industry knowledge and understanding of all projects under their control including status, key milestones, risks, issues etc
- Ensures adherence to both Company and IT policies and guidelines.
- Optimum profile is a resource with deregulated electricity industry experience and a solid technical background with hands on experience in developing software
- This role will interact daily with the user community, software developers, vendors and line managers to resolve issues and recommend solution approaches.
- Experience with full project delivery life cycle and working knowledge of one or more software/project delivery methodologies is required.
- Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and possess a strong working knowledge of various systems, technologies, programming methods, databases, security models, etc.
- Industry experience or equivalent with one or more of the following is preferred: EDI market transactions, billing systems, data aggregation, pricing/contracting systems, and/or supply systems
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access) required.
- Advanced technical skills in SQL and VB Script preferred.
- Experience in forward energy or financial market trading preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field required
Champion Energy Services - 19 months ago