This position is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all levels of the organization, acting independently as the first touch-point technical resource for internal customers. The role requires prompt and thorough responsiveness, meeting IT deliverables to ensure business quality and continuity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows corporate policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and other items as they relate to business practices and/or legal and regulatory compliance.
- Simulates or recreates known user and/or network errors (including, but not limited to network users, network environments, and configuration) to assist in troubleshooting and resolution
- Assists internal business customers to evaluate the technical issues and to work to find satisfactory resolution, maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provides end user support (including, but not limited to help desk support and training), and implements system fixes when required.
- Develop an understanding of business needs, requirements and corporate vision as it relates to the work-orders and technical issues that occur.
- Implements systems and new functionality according to business requirements, meeting deadlines and providing deliverables.
- Defines and documents technical requirements and specifications for systems enhancements and implementations.
- Performs scheduled installation and upgrades to supported software, hardware and printing devices.
- Works in coordination with Service Desk activities, creating appropriate documentation and follow-up using the Footprints ticketing system so that department metrics are maintained.
- Assists in company inventory and asset management for the IT department.
- Administers, updates, and maintains system software as it relates to supported AngioDynamics applications.
- Performs proactive system diagnostics, including performance, scalability, uptime, and other metrics.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of duties, others duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to perform mathematical analysis, such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals as well as a demonstrated ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Network of TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, and LAN/WAN
- Demonstrated understanding and hardware knowledge of printers, laptops, desktops, and various mobile technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, act independently, and seek assistance when required
- Prior experience in call-center situations helpful
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Software, various web environments, and various hardware components.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Physical Work Requirement:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, change positions frequently, using both hands independently or simultaneously, to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear to perform the essential duties of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate Degree in an IT program
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in an IT service desk support role required
- Bachelor's degree preferred; MCP, A+, MCSE, MCSA certifications.
AngioDynamics, Inc. - 14 months ago