The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm specializing in all aspects of education and other social policy issues. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations.
AIR’s Information Technology (IT) organization provides technology services for clients both inside and external to AIR. IT maintains three professional-grade data and hosting centers that are supported by a team of engineers monitoring the continuous operations of the network, including servers, security, and applications.
The AIR IT Service Management team focuses on the perspective of the AIR staff. The team’s main effort will be the transformation of IT into a service provider: introduce and establish a systematic method for managing the services to AIR staff to achieve greater levels of staff productivity; identifying and understanding not only what the client is asking for but also extracting their underlying needs that has generated the request; and anticipating the business needs and delivering it to them.
The IT Service Management Specialist will develop, implement, and maintain the services and functions established by the IT Service Management Team. The responsibilities of an IT Service Management Specialist will be, but are not limited to, the following activities.
• Gain an understanding of how AIR Staff perform their job function. Assist staff in gaining proficiency in the use of tools and technologies.
• Identify gaps in tools and services needed by AIR staff. Collaborate with co-workers to implement changes in existing processes and procedures to successfully meet needs of AIR staff.
• Create, implement, and maintain an IT Service Catalog promoting the AIR IT services and setting the expectations associated with each service.
• Utilize appropriate marketing techniques enabling a change in the way AIR Staff use IT as a resource.
• Develop and maintain and IT dashboard of metrics to better manage services.
• Develop and establish Service Level Agreements with AIR Program Areas and Operational Level Agreements with other internal IT Teams.
• Develop, establish and coordinate a multi-faceted training program on the IT services to enable staff to be more productive through the use of technology.
• Manage the Pilot testing program for new staff facing service roll-outs.
• Train IT team members on the industry standards and best practices of Service Management.
• Compile, review, and use customer satisfaction data to understand current baselines. Guide IT to implement changes to existing processes and procedures to successfully meet needs of AIR staff.
• Master’s Degree preferred or Bachelor’s Degree and typically 5 years of relevant work experience.
• At least 3 years IT Service Delivery or Service Management experience required.
• Ability to communicate and build relationships outside of IT.
• Understanding of business processes and a strong customer orientation.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of training and documentation skills.
• Intermediate to expert level of hands-on skills with Microsoft Windows and Macintosh platforms.
• A passion for the IT profession, expanding knowledge and skills, and providing service to customers.
• Business analyst experience a plus
• Client relationship management a plus
American Institutes for Research - 17 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...