Americas Account Manager is responsible to manage Enterprise Web Services cross-divisional accounts within Novartis, inclusive of Latin America and Canda, East Hanover Headquarters, , Non-Phama US based Divisions- Alcon, OTC, V&D, NIBR, Sandoz, Animal Health.
coordinating resources from the Enterprise Web Services organization
- Serve as focal point for the respective business IT area for all Enterprise Web Services needs, partnering to:
- Understand and anticipate strategic, market and/or operational needs, and
- Translate those needs into effective and/or improved processes and/or technical solutions by
Assist Custmer with completing the project request form and inform the business IT customer of the Enterprise Web Services project manager assigned to the project who will coordinate the planning phase of the project directly with the business IT customer.
- Provide transparency of service costs, service levels and status
- Support EWS service mgmt team and act as a contact point for customer
- Contribute the WEB SDG IT aspects to the business strategy development, bringing business value through best practices in technology and process re-engineering This role will require face-to-face time with customers and it is expected that travel will be 30%.
- Create and maintain account plans for customers within the region. Ensure account plans are up-to-date. Liaison with the project and service managers within the Americas Region.
- Serve as focal point for a set of business IT customer organizations in the Americas.
- Explain EWS service offerings to IT Business.
- Serve as a point of contact and/or escalation for Enterprise Web Services-related requests for services, information or direction.
- Participate in regularly scheduled business IT management meetings and report status of overall project portfolio, and support as well as status of open issues for the business IT customer.
- Create a business IT partnership and ensure close cooperation between the respective business IT customer and Enterprise Web Services.
- Provide consulting to the business IT customer on Enterprise Web Services-related issues.
- Enable and enhance communications between Enterprise Web Services and the business IT customer. Educate the business IT customer on Enterprise Web Services, costs, processes and methodologies. Raise awareness of services using training materials provided by the Service Manager.
- Capture the new business IT customer project demands following the Enterprise Web Services standard operating procedures. Enforce that a business IT counterpart is assigned to each project with the Enterprise Web Services to avoid business ordering of IT services without Business IT involvement.
Educate business IT customer on baseline costs vs costs which the customer can influence and what is the basis for charging the customer.
- Develop strong customer relationships with the respective business IT area, manage planning and strategy input
- Understand the processes, plans, objectives, drivers, budget, challenges and issues related to the business IT area, together with appropriate external policies and regulations.
- Provide transparency of service costs and financial service level agreements with customer.
oProvide visibility to pre-pipeline of requests for Web Services across project and support
- Work with business IT customer to provide input to their operational budget annually and as needed.
- Identify opportunities for applying WebSDG delivery solutions to business problems
- Contribute the Enterprise Web Services aspects to the business IT strategy development, bringing business opportunities through technology and service knowledge.
- With the business IT, develop, communicate and execute on an aligned Enterprise Web Services/business IT Account Plan as appropriate for the respective business IT customer.
- Accountable for the overall strategically aligned Enterprise Web Services portfolio planning for the associated Business IT customer. Negotiate and mediation between business IT and Enterprise Web Services to find feasible solutions.
- Facilitate change via technology
- Research and respond to requests received from the business IT customer.
- Promote opportunities for applying EWS services to business IT problems; champion introduction of new or improvement of existing tools and solutions.
- Bring awareness of new EWS services to the business IT, support business reengineering as needed.
- Follow-up with Business IT customer after project execution
- Initiate the customer satisfaction survey at project closeout to gauge satisfaction with project delivery.
- Manage WEB pre-pipeline activities:
oEngage EWS & Business IT core teams (eg Subject Matter Experts, Architects) as needed to give customers more information about our services
oEducation customers on EWS engagement lifecycle
oRisk mitigation / Issues Management with the customer
oDevelop strong customer relationships with the Business IT, manage planning and strategy input.
- Support the EWS Service Management
oIn providing transparency of service costs, service levels and status
oManaging service related communication including infomration sessions, issue mgmt and escalations
oContribute the EWS IT aspects to the business strategy development, bringing business opportunities through best practices in technology
oIn service KPI measurement, service reporting, and service review Minimum requirements Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelors degree
English and Spanish(Porteguese a plus)
3-5 years of Account/Service/Project Management experience(preferably Web Solutions delivery experience)
Must have strong customer focus and ability to map delivery solutios and services to buinsess needs; ability to manage multiple clients across multiple divisions; Strong proven communication.
Must Engage EWS Matrix Organization (eg Executive Stakeholders, EWS Tower Leads, Vendor (onsite/offshore) Leadership & Vendor Program/Project managers, Subject Matter Experts, Architects) as needed Business IT Partner Performance.
Must have ability to Operationalize Program Strategic direction and capability deployment. Strong knowledge of web delivery solutions, business process analysis and design, and technology standards.
Java, NET, XML, SharePoint, Flash, Interwoven, BI and DWH solutions, Cognos.
Must have Strong communication skills and support of EWS Project Managers who are aligned to our customer groups. The role would need to liasion with the business to explain service provided by EWS in the Americas.
Must EWS maps business challenges to delivery solutions. This resource needs to be a Program leader working with Project Managers, Vendors and stakeholders in executing on delivery solutions that meet customer requirements.
EWS is a virtual, global organization (coupled with a Global offshore partnership). This resource needs to be a leader and exemplify a professional maturity; especially in the handling and management of issues, risks, change control -to keep win-win outcome on for our customers.
EWS is a dynamic group which leads direction for all Novartis Divisions in the Web domain but does so with intense focus on governance, internal controls, processes and standards. The role would need to contribute to the overall EWS and Pharma IT goals.
.Strong team player with ability to work well in a matrix organization to align around common objectives
- Is technically competent and has thorough knowledge of the key technologies (specifically Sharepoint, Oracle & Microsoft product suite, mobility) related to process improvement efforts.
- Ability to manage, work with non co-located customers, virtual teams/resources (vendor management experience required)
Novartis - 23 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...