Provides technical software, hardware and network problem solving to all Verint employees under supervision of the IT Americas Services Manager. Diagnoses and guides users through step-by-step solutions. Interaction with business leaders on site and across Americas sites as necessary.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Must perform in a team oriented atmosphere, working with end users, developers, engineers and systems administrators to determine the best possible method of supporting systems.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Assists in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required.
- Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve day-to-day computer related problems; staffs a centralized help desk to facilitate exchange of information and advice; implements solutions.
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Designs, builds and maintains images for all corporate PC’s and Laptops.
- Provide support for off-site and on-site events as needed.
- Maintains equipment pool and helps maintain asset inventories.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role, including customer service experience
- Strong proficiency with the following software: Windows XP Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 and SCCM
- Must have experience supporting and servicing various leading laptop vendors (HP, Dell, Lenovo). Certification is a plus.
- Must possess expertise in the following skills: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, TCP/IP, ID Managment
- Experience with remote communications: Cisco VPN, Wireless Cards
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone in a professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with employees and customers at all skill levels; including the ability to translate and communicate technical and analytical issues to all types of end users
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Motivated self-starter personality; must be able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential
- Must be able to clearly document processes, policies, and procedures in a timely basis
- Effective at resolving technical problems
- Business travel of up to 10%
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Ability to appreciate different points of view
- Project Management skills
- Experience working in a global company