The IT Services Manager will support high-level infrastructure for a 22-office global civil engineering firm. The ideal candidate will be adept at supporting a variety of technologies in an enterprise environment, with particular emphasis on Microsoft Windows Server OS’s (Server, SQL and Exchange in both a physical and virtual environment) and Cisco networking equipment. Working as part of a geographically diversified global infrastructure team, our ideal candidate will be comfortable participating in technical discussions, developing and implementing solutions and processes based on industry best practices to support Moffatt & Nichol's engineering and administrative functions and driving the delivery of a high quality user experience.
- Deploy and manage server infrastructure based on Microsoft OS's. This will include Active Directory, Group Policy and other management tools.
- Manage the company's systems infrastructure, including Exchange, SQL, NetApp-based storage, Cisco UCS (Flexpod), Cisco routing/switching architecture, virtual server (VMWare) and virtual desktop (also VMWare)
- Deploy and manage backup architectures and processes. Syncsort experience is desirable but Backup Exec and other Enterprise backup solutions are also acceptable. Experience with disk-to-disk and disk-to-tape is required.
- Implement and support enterprise management and monitoring architectures. Develop and maintain network and server documentation.
- Recommend upgrades and process enhancements as required based on organization requirements.
Assist the Help Desk with Microsoft Windows 7 and Office in an enterprise environment. Deployment via LANDesk is desirable.
- Assist the Help Desk with Cisco VoIP telephony solutions.
- 6+ years' relevant industry experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role managing and deploying server and desktop infrastructures in an enterprise environment.
- Microsoft MCSE Certification or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel to the company's locations (US and international) as required; valid Passport.
Moffatt & Nichol - 11 months ago