Piper Jaffray is seeking a Business Consultant to join the Business Consulting Team in Minneapolis. The functional role is as a liaison between technology teams, support teams and internal business partners. Candidates must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where detailed and complex rules and regulations exist. The position will support the Fixed Income Sales and Trading Group within Piper Jaffray.
- Act as liaison between business partners, technology and support teams.
- Serves as consultant to internal business partners on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results.
- Interpret complex business issues, opportunities and user requirements by incorporating company, industry, and technical knowledge.
- Stay informed on business/industry initiatives and bring “NEW” ideas to increase efficiency and/or to generate revenue.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Manage small to mid-size projects acting as a “Lite” project manager
- Function as a fixed income subject matter expert
- Participate in testing, training, and implementation of new systems or upgrades.
- High level of organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Project management / business analysis experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple teams and individuals at various levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Economics
- Familiar with technology concepts
Piper Jaffray is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Experience with Bloomberg Trading Systems (buy-side or sell-side), Broadridge and Ipreo
- 1-2 years in fixed income trading environment
- Serices 7 and 63
Piper Jaffray provides a range of investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advice, financing, industry...