The IT Site Administrator manages all aspects of IT technology operations for a designated smaller sized site/division. This includes server and workstation hardware and software, networks and telecommunications connectivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide IT support for site-specific issues.
- Follow-up on queued or delegated support “tickets” to verify satisfactory problem resolution.
- Update assigned issues and document problem solutions in the Help Desk database system. When necessary delegate issues to other appropriate IT staff members follow up that they are completed to a satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain and ensure that backups on all systems occur and are reported daily. Ensure that tape rotation and offsite storage schedule is followed.
- Maintain an accurate and current site IT Operations hardware inventory (including PCs, Servers, networking devices, printers, and other peripherals and spare component stock) and accurate and current inventory of installed site software licenses and compliance.
- Assist in design process and implementation of all aspects of site computer systems and network.
- Maintenance of IT equipment through monitoring, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, upgrading, repairing hardware as well as checking disk space, performing cleanup/maintenance tasks on file, print, and infrastructure servers.
- Monitor network administration and maintenance of local area network services such as name resolution (DNS), host addressing (DHCP), routing.
- Configure, deploy, troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair network servers, switches, and other peripheral components such as printers.
- Support site telecommunications equipment and connectivity as directed.
- Coordinate vendor technical support as required.
- Manage maintenance for security system, HVAC, power, fire suppression for the site IT room and entire site where appropriate.
- Maintain Network Security; delete terminated users; change access codes; administer share, folder, and file access permissions.
- Administer Network Virus protection on servers and clients.
- Implement and comply with site specific IT Operations business continuity plan and security policies Implements, maintains, and adheres to all IT policies and procedures as set by IT Management.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 - 5 years experience in IT.
- Strong technical aptitude, especially relating to PC hardware. Competence with basic hand tools and mechanical aptitude to successfully perform hardware installation and maintenance.
- The ability to read and understand technical documents and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocol.
- Advanced knowledge of Network Administration – creating, deleting, changing user accounts and user VPN accounts, understanding of network services (WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Willingness to accommodate flexible work schedule, which includes working before/after hours as well as weekends for situations that require special attention.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and support Windows 9x, NT and 2000 operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Exchange/Outlook e-mail clients and be able to install and troubleshoot problems with various 3rd party applications and utilities.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 preferred
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 preferred
GfK Custom Research North America - 24 months ago