Test and support of ARUP developed and purchased software products. Test new and modified software using manual and automated test methodologies. Develop test plans and cases. Determine risk analysis and project timelines. Assist with development of training curriculum/materials for new software. Assist with software testing education as needed. Responsible for creating test plans, test cases, sign off and release notes, and validation documentation. Participate on IT Department projects and test teams. Lead teams in testing efforts. Assist with Technical Support to research and resolve issues. Participate in determining proactive measures to ensure continuous quality improvement. Provide exceptional customer service.
This position reports to the IT Software QA Supervisor .
1. Test software using best practice methodologies.
2. Develop test cases.
3. Write test plans.
4. Provide and update complete test scripts and maintain a library of scripts for future use.
5. Analyze current needs/requests and compare with existing system functions and requirements.
6. Determine testing priorities.
7. Maintain scenarios for test case inclusion.
8. Participate on teams and recommend design concepts with development and other team members.
9. Work within the timelines established for software development turnaround times.
10. Generate validation documentation for regulatory compliance.
11. Provide support, both internal/external, resolving issues as needed.
12. Maintain expertise in ARUP’s evolving software, related operating systems, and advances in Information Technology.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in computer related studies
- Two years of experience as a software tester.
Physical and other requirements
- Automated test tools
- SQL or other relational database language and Windows experience
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and handle multiple responsibilities
- Strong ability to work under deadline pressure and stress
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Extremely adaptable to work environment changes and rapidly changing technologies
- Fine motor coordination
- Good visual acuity
ARUP Laboratories - 16 months ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...