IT Disaster Recovery Specialist
The IT Disaster Recovery Specialist will lead overall Disaster Recovery Program and optimize IT infrastructure and applications resiliency. This position will improve business survival by reducing IT service vulnerability and risks to business units, minimize the impact of a disaster or major failure, and maintain a predetermined level of service in the event of a disaster.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop the Disaster Recovery Program Strategy, and supporting plans and processes. Determine risk reduction measures, and system recovery options.
· Provide effective Disaster Recovery related guidance to IT staff, individual business units, leadership, and key external service providers.
· Ensure that Disaster Recovery projects meet goals and objectives, schedules, and budgets.
· Continually improve the Disaster Recovery plans through audits, gap analyses, and new technology assessments.
· Support the IT Disaster Recovery Testing Program, including coordination with internal staff and external service providers; manage related vendors and contracts; and ensure effective change management.
· Educate and train staff on Disaster Recovery and Incident Communication plans and procedures.
· Support events as needed and document After Action Reports.
· Collaborate with the leadership of the application development organizations, program sponsor and executive management in defining the approach, resources, and timelines for each strategic initiative/phase of the program.
· Socializing and validating the strategic plan and business case with all stakeholders and participants.
· Manage and test Incident Response Plan. Manage response to major incidents.
· Participate in support of various information security technologies and other duties as assigned
Required education, experience and qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor Degree in information services, computer science, or related field preferred.
· Minimum of five years IT operations experience, including Disaster Recovery Program experience in a complex organization.
· Strong understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning techniques and technologies and proven ability to analyze risk, financial, and business impacts.
· Experience with supporting a Disaster Recovery Testing Program.
· Excellent project management experience with strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills necessary to establish standards and implement comprehensive Disaster Recovery strategies and plans.
· PMP certification preferred
· Experience with leading strategic IT initiatives in a large complex organization.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent diplomatic, listening, motivational, and leadership skills.
· Entrepreneur, problem solver, self-starter, aggressively committed to meeting objectives, with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity.
· History of embracing and encouraging change
Republic Airways - 16 months ago
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...