LGI Network, a division of The NPD Group, is a leading market research company serving the luxury goods industry and provides critical information on what products are selling in the marketplace. The IT data analyst manages both the receipt and collection of monthly sales data from retailers. You will deal with all kinds of interesting purchase data helping turn information into reports and business insights for our prestigious clients. As a data troubleshooter, you will work closely with LGI’s IT technical team, retailers, and vendors to resolve data transmission issues and to ensure data quality and processing through various web-based and command line interfaces. Your understanding of the data will help our growing team achieve its ambitious goals.
The position requires a background in IT, data analysis, or data quality control. We are looking for a self-starter who is detail- oriented and can meet deadlines and communicates effectively with customers and other peers at a technical level. You will need to be able to translate data technology to others who are less technically savvy.
• 1-4+ years of work experience in a computer science technical field.
• Experienced in MS Windows, MS Office and SQL databases.
• Knowledge of ASP, Crystal Reports/Enterprise, HTML, C++, VB.NET, ETL, FTP protocols and/or XML is a plus.
• Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems a plus.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical personnel.
• Candidate must have the ability to prioritize tasks; be logical, organized and work well with others. Also, the candidate must be able to manage timely, effective response to customer needs and effectively communicate project status as requested and required
• Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining the 'big picture' of the overall business vision
• BA/BS with a focus of Computer Science or Engineering
The NPD Group is an Equal Employment Employer
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...