Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
The Hennepin County Information Technology (IT) community delivers innovative, effective, and timely business-driven information technology solutions in a secure, reliable, accessible, and fiscally responsible manner.
The Enterprise Development General Government and Health Division of the IT Department is currently seeking a Senior Information Technology Specialist.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Work with other IT professionals to plan, analyze, and execute server and desktop application software installs, upgrades, and software decommissioning.
- Resolve hardware/software issues by working effectively and collaboratively with other IT staff and customers.
- Provide second level support for General Government and Health customer applications.
- Work collaboratively with multiple technical resources and customers to provide quality application support solutions.
- Participate in large customer and enterprise projects, demonstrating leadership and planning for our customer considerations.
- Create and update technical documentation.
- Provide on-call support for customer applications.
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis, and the posting will remain open until filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
- One of the following:
- Two-year college/vocational technical degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), and/or an approved related degree.
- An approved information technology certificate.
- At least two years of IT experience within the last five years.
- Two years or more of experience as supporting customer applications.
- Managing customer incidents according to a Service Level Agreement.
- Supporting multiple software applications.
- Creating and executing SQL and SSRS code.
- Developing and updating application support documentation.
- Supporting vendor applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to:
- Be on-call for occasional evenings and weekends.
- Quickly analyze hardware/software/application problems and make recommendations for how to proceed.
- Plan, analyze, and execute software installations, upgrades, and decommissioning.
- Walk the customer through troubleshooting and resolving an incident, and provide solutions and/or documentation to reduced or eliminate the problem in the future.
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment.