The mission of the National Finance Center: To design, develop, implement and operate, cost-effective, financial, administrative, and management information systems and services supporting missions of the USDA and it's customers.
This position is located in the Office of Chief Financial Officer, National Finance Center (OCFO/NFC), Government Employees Services Division (GESD), Applications Development Directorate (ADD), Web Applications Systems Branch (WASB).
This vacancy may be used to fill additional similar positions in GESD. KEY REQUIREMENTS
U.S. Citizenship or Naturalized U.S. Citizen
Background and/or Security Investigation required
Resume' and supporting documents (See How to Apply)
Travel relocation and expenses will NOT be paid DUTIES:
purpose of this position is to resolve software application problems in
compliance with established IT standards, policies, and authorized application
IT Specialist (APPSW), you will be responsible for the following:
Act as project or
technical lead for work involving the full range of applications
development activities for software projects. Analyze functional
specifications and translates them into applications that automate
business processes. Develop functional requirements
and specifications for application development, and programs involving
software, system components, or services in support of a user community
with individuals in more than one organization or program. Develop the data and test
case scenarios associated with acceptance tests in an implementation or
maintenance environment. Manage frequently shifting
work request priorities to design, program, test, modify, refine, and
integrate a related group of software programs with shared data and
attributes. Answer inquiries and
participate in meetings on discussion of revisions or issues to existing
programs or new program development. May recommend modifications to the
program design. Develop the job control
language (JCL) or scripts required to process the program or series of
programs in both test and production environments. Monitor production
applications and recommends changes to the team leader or supervisor that
will enhance or streamline current processing methods. Follow the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
methodology requirements to develop all required documentation and IT material. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
One year of specialized experience that must have been at least equivalent to the (GS-11) level of specialized work experience in the Federal service, that included IT Specialist duties developing large scale, complex, enterprise-wide application systems and constructing and implementing software applications written in Microsoft ASP.net in an object-oriented and relational database environment. Experience includes experience developing an ADP application, database management, standard policies in regard to SDLC, CMM, risk Management, Security Certification and Accreditation, and Disaster Recovery procedures. You also must have experience constructing and implementing software applications written in Microsoft ASP.net in an object oriented and relational database environment, such as DB2 and Oracle, including completing all phases of the development lifecycle, including Configuration management processes and tools. (Note: This experience must be CLEARLY demonstrated in your resume).
In addition to the above experience you MUST also show the following:
Applicants must also have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below (examples of your experience must be demonstrated in your resume to be found qualified for this position) :
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
A Quality Ranking Factor* has been requested by the facility to help determine which of the basically qualified applicants are likely to be better qualified for a position. The quality ranking factors for this position are: "recent experience working with ASP.net and years of experience working with ASP.net "
Candidates must meet qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. All candidates' eligibility must remain active to receive further consideration throughout the employment process. Qualification standards are found in the Operating Manual of Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions or the X-118C, Federal Wage System, which is published by the Office of Personnel Management. You may review these operating manuals in their entirety by clicking here and at all Federal personnel offices.
- Quality Ranking Factors are skills, knowledge, abilities, or other worker characteristics which could be expected to result in superior performance on the job. Quality ranking factors will not be used for screening , but may be used as ranking criteria. Applicants with higher proficiency levels may rank above those with lower proficiency levels on a quality ranking factor.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet minimum qualifications and your application demonstrates you possess the particular competencies for this position. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Best-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
2. Well-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
3. Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be adjusted and/or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. You are NOT required to respond to these separately:
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp OTHER INFORMATION:
- Skill to implement software applications written in Microsoft ASP.net in an object-oriented and relational database environment .
- Skill to develop an ADP application, database management, and standard policies in regard to SDLC, CMM, risk Management
- Ability to construct software applications written in Microsoft ASP.net . BENEFITS:
CTAP/ICTAP: Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program. To be eligible to exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at least Well-Qualified, based upon the rating criteria for this position. Submit copy of RIF separation notice and/or SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action. For information on how to apply as a CTAP/ICTAP eligible see: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#intro
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/
Veterans' Preference: If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your résumé. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
For 5-point veterans' preference, please provide your DD-214 Member-4 copy(Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty, or other official documentation (e.g., copy of military orders, campaign documents as: or expeditionary award citation, etc.) that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
For 10-point veterans' preference, please submit a Standard Form (SF) 15 , Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference and the required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
Assessed applicants will be placed in the appropriate quality category and ranked according to veterans preference eligibility and non-preference eligibility. Within each category, all qualified preference eligibles are placed ahead of non-preference eligibles. Preference eligibles do not receive additional points under category rating procedures. For positions other than professional and scientific at the GS-09 level or higher, qualified CPS and CP preference eligibles are placed at the top of the highest quality category. For professional and scientific positions at the GS-9 level or higher, qualified CPS and CP preference eligibles are placed at the top of the appropriate quality category for which rated. Survey: In order to determine if the recruitment efforts of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer are reaching the broadest possible spectrum of America's population, we request that you complete the Demographic Information on Applicants form available by clicking here and then print and submit the form along with their application. Submission of this form is entirely voluntary and your replies on it are highly confidential. Your completion of the form will not impact your chances of selection but will; instead, assist us in improving our recruitment efforts in the future.
Some positions within this series may require the selectee to obtain/maintain a high-level background investigation and/or security clearance. Failure to obtain/maintain the appropriate background investigation and/or security clearance may serve as the basis for termination of employment.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
With the stony faces of Mount Rushmore serving as a constant reminder to civic duty, the Office of the Governor of South Dakota serves as...