Assist Energy Future Holdings and its business units to be a high-performing company through the effective, reliable, efficient, standardized deployment of enabling technologies that aggressively creates value by utilizing internal and external expert resources in a structured and effective manner.
The Data Center Infrastructure Platform Manager is a key technology expert with strategic responsibility for the technical and operational results of enabling technologies utilized to ensure the organization meets its business goals.
This person will drive key ITIL processes to include configuration, change, incident and problem management for their respective areas and be responsible for reduction in severity and critical issue management, resolving open issues, root cause analysis, capacity and performance management direction, operational monitoring challenges, and drive a common support expectation within the various tracks listed. This position will be responsible for managing operational and reporting metrics which will enable stability and maximum availability within their areas of responsibility.
A common theme of enabling a “proactive” methodology along-side with appropriate “reactive” management methodology will be a major focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the candidate will:
- Define procedures, processes and requirements for platform support areas delivered by outsourcer.
- Ensuring the appropriate controls around maintenance and administration of the platform system.
- Provide troubleshooting though platform tools such as EMC ECC, Quest Foglight, BMC Suites, Precise APM Tool, etc.
- Senior level experience in clustering technologies for both server and storage environments.
- Accountable for streamlining and improving processes to simplify support and increase speed of service.
- Interface to the Business for requirements on application integrations, testing and certifications of applications.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and as a team member.
- Be available 7 x 24.
Infrastructure Architecture and Delivery of Solution within Platform functional areas
- Reviews and provides recommendations on platform engineering decisions.
- Provide project technical architecture oversight and at times participate in delivering engineering deliverables when required
- Own all hand over to support deliverables turned over for platform environment by project resources
- Work with SME's to best determine approaches to satisfy user requirements, gaps and risks.
- Participate with corporate Enterprise Architecture committee to help drive business to IT strategy.
- Ability to advise and assist with platform system architecture design, sizing, and installation upgrades
- Define roadmaps, project plans and steps to implement new infrastructure within platform architectures.
- Define roadmaps and provide architecture approval for platform tower direction.
- Work with business users and SME's to determine best approaches to satisfy user requirements, gaps and risks.
- Assist in development & implementation of multi-year Technology Strategy and Continuous Improvement strategy based on the identification of value opportunities within the platform tower area of responsibility.
- Participate as technical subject matter expert & ownership of small to medium sized IT projects as required to ensure technical engineering deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of value drivers for EFH business units in order to inspire and achieve innovative value creation strategies.
- Possess the relationship skills, cultural awareness, and organizational prowess required to work effectively in a large, highly-matrixed organization. Capable of delivering results through a position of influence, not authority.
- Maintain industry relationships and look to all sources available to develop the best technology strategies.
- Ability to drive outsourced support resources to meet operational and delivery objectives.
- Communicate with and/ or interview users to plan, develop, improve and maintain moderately complex components of the logical/ physical corporate model.
- Adept at communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences with varying skills sets.
- Communication skills are critical. Must be able to communicate with the technology providers as well as with the business leaders and outsource support staff. An ability to understand the technical details and communicate the essentials at a high level is essential.
Recommended skillset to meet service’s needs:
- BS within Computer Science or relevant field
- 8 – 10 years experience with three or more hardware platforms such as Sun, DELL, HP, IBM, and Intel hardware and various storage tools and technologies such as EMC, IBM and HP
- 8 – 10 years experience with various operating systems such as Solaris, Linux, and Windows
- 8 – 10 years experience with multiple backup technologies such as CommVault, NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) and Directory Server Technologies (i.e. AD, LDAP, etc.), databases.
- 8 – 10 years experience with multiple Enterprise Systems Management and Monitoring Tools and Technologies, Enterprise scheduling and Source Code Management
- 8 – 10 years experience with enterprise security practices, procedures, policies and best practices such as COBIT, ITIL, ISO, etc
- 8 – 10 years experience with high availability and/or fault tolerant solutions such as Veritas Cluster Server, Oracle RAC, Neverfail, etc.
- 8 – 10 years experience in analyzing, designing, developing, planning, recommending and implementing enterprise systems and solutions
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years managing an outsourcer in the areas of Operational Management, SLA Management, Contract Governance.
- Must have experience in day-to-day support of UNIX, Windows, or Storage environments.
- Must have infrastructure technical architect experience.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent and proven technical and system documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with IT and the business
- Strong ability to work within a team environment with all levels of management
- Ability to cross train, mentor and coach others
- Strong background within COBIT and/or ITIL guidelines
- Experience within Utilities industry
- ITIL v3 certified
TXU Energy - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard